silkworm breeding setup. Thoughts or advice?

yup. Its my first try! :D

As long as i can still find mulberry leaves it seems to be a good investment! I should be set through fall. Chow is WAY too expensive to keep THIS up without them!!

Found where mulberry farms gets their powdered mulberry leaves from though after much research. I know why its so expensive. heh.

yup. Its my first try! :D

As long as i can still find mulberry leaves it seems to be a good investment! I should be set through fall. Chow is WAY too expensive to keep THIS up without them!!

Found where mulberry farms gets their powdered mulberry leaves from though after much research. I know why its so expensive. heh.

so, where did they get their mulberry powder from??? They say from Europe, and I might add, Eastern Europe... tell me what you and know and I willtell you what I know.. hehee

hey Grats on teh success! I am hoping to have atleat some success.... I have like 6-8 jumbo sized tiger worms and two coocoons when they came in..... woulda had more but the heat killed em and the lack of hurry from usps.... I got them eating mulberry leaves and not exactly sure what to do with the coocoons... I think ill just do like u did and stick them in a container with paper towels...

This got me in the mood to start counting they eggs I have so far on one 8x10 sheet of paper. I'm circling small groups and counting only the viable looking ones.

12 groups circled and counted so far before i got sick of this project and it seems like I haven't even hit a very big dent in total amount yet.

total eggs thus far...

roughly 1/4 of the paper in a MUCH less egg dense portion... cool. :cool:

many eggs, congratulations..

my Bombyx mori

dsc06186m.jpg

dsc06190nw.jpg

dsc06191b.jpg

dsc06192k.jpg

dsc06193o.jpg

well suck!

All that work and i think I kept them in too cold of a part of the fridge. I started incubating some eggs three weeks ago... no baby worms. Wow that was a lot of effort... lol

GReat project. How long did your keep them in the fridge? From what I hear you have to keep them in the fridge for 1-2 months before incubating. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom