silkie questions

THECHAMMAN

Established Member
i just recently got 300 or so small silkies and they are in a 10 gallon terrarium, with paper towels on the bottom, and a heat pad on low, the ground temp is in the mid 90's, but a few inches above is in the mid 80's, does that sound good, and when they seem a little dry, should i give them a few puffs of water???

i read it, but does mine sound ok, it doesnt go exactly with yours, but is it ok??

no. it's not ok. Bring the temp down.

You are frying the silkies in 95F temp. That's why they are dried out.
I know you have said the middle is 80. But, aren't the silkies closer to the ground?
Also, don't spray the silkies.
They get all the moisture they need from the food.

Hope that helps

i just turned the heat off, and the temp is 79F i just fed them more food, how much should 2tbsp of food which is shredded last. i also use paper towels that i clean up 2x a week if it gets dirty, but there is alot of room, so i just move them to an unsoiled area and clean it up.

i just turned the heat off, and the temp is 79F i just fed them more food, how much should 2tbsp of food which is shredded last. i also use paper towels that i clean up 2x a week if it gets dirty, but there is alot of room, so i just move them to an unsoiled area and clean it up.

Keeping silkies clean is key as well, but you do have to watch too much handling of them too. Ensure you handle with clean hands. I clean mine daily. They are placed on egg crate, which I just turn over to dump out their mess, which reduces my touching them.

they are very small, and they clump together and if i need to get their poo, i just grab a piece of food, and they all come with it, i dump their poo, and then repeat every other day or so. btw, how dry should the food get be4 u add some more.

they are very small, and they clump together and if i need to get their poo, i just grab a piece of food, and they all come with it, i dump their poo, and then repeat every other day or so. btw, how dry should the food get be4 u add some more.
Food should be moist. If it dries out or gets hard, they can't feed. It's a fine line keeping the worms warm and dry, and the chow moist and soft.

in 2 days they have at least doubled in size. wow, if you can ball it up and it stays is that moist enough

Back
Top Bottom