Silk worms

HankeyPoo

Established Member
Tonight has been the first night in five months I’ve been able to find silk worms, I wasn’t really sure what to expect and this was the only option I had when I went to the pet store. Are they supposed to be this color?

Attachments

• E868D931-BE25-4755-A4EF-58307F899A87.jpeg
    E868D931-BE25-4755-A4EF-58307F899A87.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 79
Umm no they should be white, also alive...
That’s what I thought! I have always heard that they were really good for them, but super hard to find.....I found them tonight I grabbed them and then opened it ....it smelled and that’s what they looked like ?

That’s what I thought! I have always heard that they were really good for them, but super hard to find.....I found them tonight I grabbed them and then opened it ....it smelled and that’s what they looked like ?
They are white on the packaging too

I would never feed my chameleon a bug that isn't alive...but you can try it yourself and tell us what it tastes like. Lolol.

No, dont give it to your chameleon. Have you tried ordering silks online?
I haven’t yet honestly.....I saw it and I’ve always heard silk worms were amazing and then I got home and I was like WTF. The only thing that I feed him that’s not really “alive /moving cause they are refrigerated are the wax worms and he loves them I don’t even have to wait for them to thaw out and start moving and he’s all over them so I kind of thought these were the same but when I opened them I wasn’t so sure...

I haven’t yet honestly.....I saw it and I’ve always heard silk worms were amazing and then I got home and I was like WTF. The only thing that I feed him that’s not really “alive /moving cause they are refrigerated are the wax worms and he loves them I don’t even have to wait for them to thaw out and start moving and he’s all over them so I kind of thought these were the same but when I opened them I wasn’t so sure...
And I don’t ever feed him something that isn’t loving other than the wax worms but he loves them for a snack

I've seen these before. Those are the pupae of the silkworm. It's what you'd get if you open a cocoon. That's why they aren't white. It's not a silkworm but a silkworm pupa.

Woo I got can o crickets once for my turtle the smell was rancid I wouldn't personally feed them my cham will never buy that for any animal lol

I get mine at a reptile pet store thats over an hour away..
They arent cheap either $0.70/each.
My girl does love them though.
Those canned ones don't even look like they would be something a Chameleon would eat.

Attachments

• 20201128_113153.jpg
    20201128_113153.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 60
As said by another, check this sites sponsors and go with one of them. They do grow fast, in my experience with them, so maybe get a smaller size than needed. You can also buy eggs and silkworm chow if you decide to start a habitat/home for them.

Back
Top Bottom