Sick?! White stuff in nose

Only like 2-4 times a month...

you should be dusting your feeders with calcium without d3 at every feeding! A Calcium WITH d3 a couple of times a month and a multivitamin a couple of times a month. 2-3 times a month for plain calcium in not enough!!! You might want to fill out the ask for help form so we can check out your set up and make sure you are doing everything right.

Veiled Chameleon, Female, approximately 4-6 months (told by seller, tiki tiki). Has been in my care since the 9th of this month.

I don't handle it very often, every 2-3 days.

Feeding it crickets w/ calcium +D3 powder twice a week, 2-3 crickets each time. Feed in the morning around 7 and in the afternoon at about 4. I use Rainbow cricket feed and some veggies as gutload. I clean the cricket cage, too!

Dusting with StickyToungeFarms Indoor Miner-all calcium/mineral supplement with D3.

I mist about 6 minutes 2-3 times a day and I use a dripper for about 10-15 minutes. I also have foliage inside that is a pothos plant. I don't see her drinkng.

Has brown droppings that are firm/ not watery. Not tested for parasites from what I know.

No history about her.

Screen Cage 36"x18"x18"

I have a 5.0 UVB Reptisun light in the Zoomed Terrarium Hood and I have a 75 watt Red heat lamp. I turn the UVB light off after 8-10 hours of being on and I keep the heat light on all the time.

My dad has a super fancy temperature gauge that works well(don't know what its called) but the basking is at about 95, the bottom is about 80-85 and it stays the same at night.

I don't measure the humidity as told I don't have to, but I mist the cage and keep it moist. (Not too little, not too much)

As above, I am using a Pothos plant.

The cage is actually in the corner of my room on the floor, but I was going to put it on a shelf/dresser today.

I live in Southern California and my light bulbs are brand new.

ok a couple of things that need changin up here! I told you about the supplements already. You could up her feeding to about 15 or so crickets a day if she will eat them. On her poop, do you see a part that is white? That is here urate (pee) and there should be one. It should not be just brown. Your basking temp is TOO high! You need to get that down to about 80 degrees. you can achieve this by using a bulb with less wattage like a 40 watt. Just use a regular housebulb. You do not need a heat light at night. No lights at night, it needs to be dark and cool. Unless your temps are gonna dip below 60 then don't use any heat. They need a drop in temps at night. UVB light should be on a minimum of 10 hours during winter and 12 in spring and summer months. You need to get her temps down to the low to mid 70s and then her basking at about 80-82. She is probably way too hot. And yes, get the cage up on the dresser. Chams like to be up high and she will feel much more comfortable than on the floor.

ok a couple of things that need changin up here! I told you about the supplements already. You could up her feeding to about 15 or so crickets a day if she will eat them. On her poop, do you see a part that is white? That is here urate (pee) and there should be one. It should not be just brown. Your basking temp is TOO high! You need to get that down to about 80 degrees. you can achieve this by using a bulb with less wattage like a 40 watt. Just use a regular housebulb. You do not need a heat light at night. No lights at night, it needs to be dark and cool. Unless your temps are gonna dip below 60 then don't use any heat. They need a drop in temps at night. UVB light should be on a minimum of 10 hours during winter and 12 in spring and summer months. You need to get her temps down to the low to mid 70s and then her basking at about 80-82. She is probably way too hot. And yes, get the cage up on the dresser. Chams like to be up high and she will feel much more comfortable than on the floor.
sorry, i copied and pasted that, but meant to edit it. I have been using a regular housebulb and there is no heat at light... and it is on a dresser

ok much better on the temps. Humidity should ideally be about 50-60% and then will get higher when you mist. What about the poop? Is there white on the end? There is not much you can do with humidity at night except run a humidifier and 40% isnt that bad.

ok that is good to hear! Not sure on the white stuff coming out of the nostrils cause you sure werent dusting that much. I think I just read something yesterday on here with a similar problem and someone stated it could be salts or minerals???? Seems like you got everything else in order!:)

Back
Top Bottom