Sick Vailed Chameleon

Bowel backed up but found 3-4 round structures in the abdomen???? Vet is unsure wt they are, calling consult. Not MBD. She indicated it’s difficult to tell the sex at such an early age and possibly be eggs 😮. Will wait and see

Going home with meds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 63
Bowel backed up but found 3-4 round structures in the abdomen???? Vet is unsure wt they are, calling consult. Not MBD. She indicated it’s difficult to tell the sex at such an early age and possibly be eggs 😮. Will wait and see
I dunno...from colors alone it looks like you have a male. Are there any nubs (tarsal Spurs) on the back feet? Males have them and they are evident from hatching.
Regardless, while waiting for your cham to poo, I advise filling out the help form already provided and include some pics of your enclosure to ensure your husbandry is correct.

I’m pretty sure that’s a female and she looks to be old enough to be gravid. I’m no expert but from the help I’ve gotten and the research I did and by the fact that you said it’s a male I’m guessing you have no laying bin. Also I’m pretty sure your cham has MBD. :( I read some of the thread I’m gonna read the rest and give you some advice if I see no one else has given it yet. Also are you 100% sure it’s a male look to see if there’s a bump on the back of her foot.....Ok I read the rest of the thread and yup I’m sure it’s a female the colors may throw you off but my chams colors are different from other chams I’ve seen and I’ve had someone on here tell me the same. I’m sure that they are eggs and this is not good since she needs to lay those eggs but I’m guessing she hasn’t been able to. Don’t know if she’s egg bound yet hope she isn’t. Do you know how to set up a laying bin? I don’t know if you’ll see this since the thread hasn’t been updated but I hope you can update

Back
Top Bottom