Sick Pygmy

Harrychin

Hello..Im new to the fourms and I just got a pygmy about 15 days ago.Ive had other lizards in the past and snakes with never any problems.This little guy or girl? dosent seem to be acting well.We have him in a 10 gallon tank with moss and the gravel for drainage and the coco soil on top with a few live plants that were on the safe plants to get list.Well anyways she was eating fine until the one day we were away and it got hot up her in NY.the room she was in hit 92 degress.So after that day shes been real sluggesh and not eating.She hardly moves anymore.I dont know if maybe she had a heat stroke? Or maybe not digesting her food from days past and is constapated? I ask our local vets and being in a small town there really nothing they can do_Only cats and dogs.I see her sometimes when she at the top Ill have th UV light on and she will hang upside down. Or when you hold her she/he will just walk in circles for the most part.any advice would help.Thanks

Pygmies are notoriously sensitive to temperature - I've generally heard that above 86 degrees, they're in danger. The fact that she's still alive may be promising; what temperatures do you have now? I'd try to keep her below 80 if possible, and make sure she's well hydrated.

Please mention the latin name of your pygmy specie.
So I can give advise for the right specie.
But 80 F is a little bit to high for the most species.
Also it is recommended to cool down at night.

At 76 the brevicaudatus here start gaping and panting.
I try to keep them at 68 to 72, but it has gone up to 76.
80 is too hot!

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom