sick Jackson

Laracroft929

Hello- I have a Jackson chameleon that is about 10 months old that over the past few weeks has stopped eating and is not using his back legs. He appears to be very weak and has fallen a few times off of his branches. The most recent one tonight after which I had to pick him up out of the bottom b/c he was on his face w/his eyes closed. I thought he was dead, but as soon as I picked him up he opened his eyes. He is still drinking for me at least once a day (he is sprayed at least 4 times, but actually drinks from the bottle itself at least once a day), but I have not seen him eat anything. I've seen in some other threads that the lights should be changed. His basking light hasn't been changed since we've gotten him, but the other light for heat is fairly new (we couldn't keep the ZooMed brand going) and it's on all the time b/c it's fairly cold in my house. The heat bulb is an All Living Things Infrared Heat bulb 75 watt. I don't know what the basking light is as it came with it and I haven't had the box for months.
I don't know where to find that form that I've seen people fill out so I'm trying to think of everything I can. His crickets are gut loaded w/the orange cubes from PetSmart and he used to eat 2 or 3 a day...I don't even know when the last time was that he ate. His coloring appears normal to me, bright green w/some pale areas on his back feet, but he is shedding as well. He is sleeping a lot or at least has his eyes closed a lot.
He is in a 24" height Repti Breeze cage and his temp ranges just below 80 during the day and hovers around 70 at night. When I picked him up tonight he wouldn't grab onto my hand w/his back feet and even his tail felt weak compared to how he used to wrap it around my hand.
I'm sure the most obvious suggestion would be to go to a vet, but I don't know if there are any in my area. I'm in southern NH if anyone has any ideas. Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I am extremely stressed about this and can't bear to see him suffer. If I've forgotten something, please feel free to ask...I'm a novice at chameleons so I will do my best to answer. Thank you in advance for reading and for any help you can offer.

Back
Top Bottom