Sick Jackson’s in LLLReptile store in San Diego!?

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hi everyone, I’m new in the community and I’m a not-yet-chameleon-owner, I’m still doing some research and setting up an enclosure. In these last 3 days I could not resist from stopping by the LllReptile store in San Diego to look up for supplies and chams.. the first day I went I’ve noticed in the Jackson’s chameleon’s enclosure a really unhealthy-looking one, the second day it was looking even worse and was still for sale in the same cage with a few others, today I’ve been there again (because I’ve heard they get new supplies and animals on thursdays) and I was really disappointed to see it still there, for sale, in horrible conditions. Its eyes were closed, it was laying on the bottom of the cage and had a wound on the tip of its nose, I felt so sorry for it.. since I’m not an expert at all, can someone explain to my what policies they apply on sick ones? I wanted to buy one from them but I’m not so sure anymore.. I will take pictures of it on Saturday if it’s still there!

so you want to buy the chameleon
It would be my first chameleon, so I would like to start with a Veiled (apparently it’s more recommended for beginners) I‘m just concerned that if I get one from them it might have something wrong if they keep the sick ones with the others..

well it is better the get a your chameleon from a good breeder, because the pet stores do not have a good reputation on taking care of there animals, unless you want to take care of a sick one it will be more work.

your right it really depends and it is good to see it first and try to post some pictures tomorrow, i would really like to see the chameleon

You do not want a sick chameleon for your first cham. Knowing the reputation of who you buy from is extremely important. It is not only what they look like externally but what is hidden from our site like parasite issues.

This is a forum member @CasqueAbove and their website https://caskabove.com/ They had healthy babies not sure if they still have some available.

Before you buy one use the search function for the company name in the forum. This will pull up all sorts of threads with feedback. There are a few sellers of Veileds that I would not touch with a 10 foot pole.

You do not want a sick chameleon for your first cham. Knowing the reputation of who you buy from is extremely important. It is not only what they look like externally but what is hidden from our site like parasite issues.

This is a forum member @CasqueAbove and their website https://caskabove.com/ They had healthy babies not sure if they still have some available.

Before you buy one use the search function for the company name in the forum. This will pull up all sorts of threads with feedback. There are a few sellers of Veileds that I would not touch with a 10 foot pole.
Thank you so much Beman, you’re the best!

Back
Top Bottom