sick chameleon

also ordered this

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x The Silkworm Kit (SILKWORM-KIT) = $21.98
1 x 1/2 lb. Roach Coach (RC-0.5) = $3.98
1 x Hornworm Pod (HORN-POD) = $10.98

from Coastal Silkworms, should be here in 2-3 days.

With the money that you just spent on feeders that are probably useless at this point, you could have taken your cham to the vet. Vets aren't as expensive as you would think and most will work with you on payment plans.

With the money that you just spent on feeders that are probably useless at this point, you could have taken your cham to the vet. Vets aren't as expensive as you would think and most will work with you on payment plans.

look at my post 18 on page 2, i'm taking him to a vet today.

Excellent!
Don't ignore Cherron's post regarding additional husbandry (saved me a little typing) Live plants are important too.
Check out the plant list in the forums.
Let us know about the vet visit. I don't think you're a bad owner, by the way,
I just think you got some bad advice and need to do some research.
Knowing as much as you can about these animals is your best defense against any problems.
Remember these are zoo level creatures and need a lot of attention every day.
Good luck!

-Brad

I agree with Brad. You are not a bad owner, just misinformed. Glad you found a vet. The cost of the vet when I took Goliath was $50 for consultation and $25 for the vitamin D3 shot. I had already been giving him liquid calcium so I just paid for the shot. it cost a total of 75 dollars. His deformities will always be present, but with alot of love, husbandry fixes, and effort your little guy can recover and live a normal life. He might have a little more trouble moving around but he will manage. Coming back from MBD can be a long recovery. Months of delicate care, and sometimes can be frustrating but hang in there. We are here for u!!!!!

your Veil also needs vegetation to munch on!

I noticed on your post regarding your housing that you don't provide live plants for your Chameleon.
In my cage set-up, I don't have any live plants for my Male Veil but I provide him on a daily basis, a large washed Collard Green leaf that I anchor in his cage every morning.....He takes huge bites off the leaf ( You will see V marks on the edges of the leaf) on a daily basis and that provides him with much needed Vitamin A and also helps out with digestion.

Christine

ok, and i'm back

poor guy got 2 shots, one for vitamins, second for calcium, also got bottle of liquid calcium have to give him 0.6ml on on daily basis.

how this helps.

also stoped by the petstamart, and got this.

img1650ph9.jpg

speaking of live plants, what kind, and from where?

Poor little guy
Personally I wouldn't go with the compact bulb, I would go with a 5.0uvb tube light. I have heard the compact looses it's uvb really fast and is not as strong. I bought one once and I was advised to take it back and get the tube and I did. Also the tube light fixture can be purchased at any hardware store alot cheaper than at a pet store.

Petsmart usually lets you return stuff without asking too much questions. When I first got my cham I was at petsmart everyday of the week in order to return things that I didn't needed. I usually just told them that I got the wrong thing or it doesn't do what I need it to and they won't question me.

be very carful...stuey died of MBD and he was always falling and he had NO apitite, we tried to force feed him, vets orders and he would spit it right back out. it was rly heartbreaking...he was such a litle guy....they did give me a link for some kind of bug juice? any1 here care to link it again or say if it would be a good idea?

Yeah, you can return things at Petsmart with no questions, no reciept needed even. But if it's over $50 with no reciept, all they can give you is store credit. But still. You can return anything there. Even things that are a year old.

-Jaz

Back
Top Bottom