Sick chameleon

Lmilan12

Hello! I took a chameleon from a friend because they thought the chameleon was dying! From the looks of it I think it is dying! I googled certain things and it looks like bone disease has sat in! I went and got some calcium and a new bulbs for the baby! However, it will drink water but it won’t eat! It also looks like the mouth is set opened as if it has Bell’s palsy! I have it in a screened tank! I went and got a mist machine and a dripper! When I woke up it was really dark green and wouldn’t open its eyes! However when I picked it up it turned light green so I gave it some calcium and water and it started moving around! What can I do????
669DA8A9-D394-482B-B630-EE8A4FE88D2F.jpeg

Attachments

• D0B6659F-6AC5-47AE-B4D2-C95C2884AC61.jpeg
    D0B6659F-6AC5-47AE-B4D2-C95C2884AC61.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 78
Looks like it might be a female and carrying eggs too.

It needs a liquid calcium from a vet in addition to proper supplementation, correct UVB and proper temperatures, etc.

Although the MBD can be corrected, the bent limbs, etc and other damage to other parts of the chameleon won't likely be able to be fixed.

Omg ok well this is an extreme case of MBD. I agree looks like this could be a female. And if that is the case she is not going to survive because she will not have the strength to lay her eggs. They lay eggs like chickens. If it does not have tarsal spurs on the back of the hind feet then you have a female.

IMO you really want to consider quality of life and what you really want this poor thing to go through.

This is so sad! I would definitely consider putting it down, it's in very bad condition and is suffering. However, I would ask your friend all the details to its previous enclosure and care and take it as a time to educate yourself and your friend on what happened especially so that it can be prevented in the future if considering a new cham. 💔💔💔

Back
Top Bottom