20170915_144836.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20170915_144823.jpg
    20170915_144823.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20170915_144830.jpg
    20170915_144830.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 57
If anyone is concerned I added a timed drip system to his cage and began feeding him superworms and turkistan roaches, and now he seems better, is showing more green and less brown

:eek: OMG I totally dropped the ball on you! I am SSSSOOOO sorry!!! :notworthy:

It sounds like your hard at work making the necessary changes, great job! (y)

Do you still have questions or concerns you would like input on? Don't let me miss your posts again! you can always PM me if you need to or give me (or anyone) a shout-out in your post by using the @ symbol then the members name. For example this is how it would look if I added a shout out to Scottsquatch: @Scottsquatch, thanks for being my example lol ;)

I would mist more then 2 times a day as you mentioned. I mist 5 times a day. 15min 7:15am, 5min 10:45am, 10min 12:45pm, 10min 4:15pm, 5min 6:45pm.

It's okay, I haven't had much time to update on him anyway. I will spray him more. He seems to wait by the mister so he probably wants more. I might try doing the shower method at some point but I want him to be used to being held. I ordered some more turkistan roaches, trying to start a breeding colony. He seems to be better but I am still concerned with keeping him hydrated.

Him, his cage, and my turtle photobombing.

Attachments

• 20170927_154345.jpg
    20170927_154345.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20170927_154330.jpg
    20170927_154330.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20170927_154323.jpg
    20170927_154323.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 47
Are you 100% sure you have a male? Those pictures make me wonder. Could you take some clear pictures of the back feet please?

Is your cham trying to dig at all? Roaming around the cage restless? Anything like that?

Your chameleon: veiled, male, 12 months old, purchased at expo from lllreptile. Handling: very rarely, only to put in shower. Feeding: crickets, waxworms, superworms, and turkistan roaches. Supplements: calcium with d3 three times every week. Water: automated dripper set to 60 seconds every 3 hrs along with handmisting. Enclosure: 18 by 18 by 36 screen cage. Plenty of branches and fake plants. I was going to get a live plant but I spent all my money from moving lawns on the dripper because I think he is dehydrated. Temperature: basking spot is around 95 while cage temp is 80. Nightime varies from 70 to 80ish. Humidity: 40 to 70. I am trying to breed turkistan roaches for him and I am also using the shower method to help keep him hydrated. He has the strength to drink and still eats, but in private. I don't think the dehydration is too bad yet but I am working my butt off to keep him hydrated. I think the dripper will help even though it empties out really fast.

He has tarsal spurs and doesn't dig or act restless. The only female thing I see about him is his size.

Attachments

• 1506553520293-978548260.jpg
    1506553520293-978548260.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 64
I see no spurs in those pictures... need a good clear shot of the back side of the back feet.

Your chameleon: veiled, male, 12 months old, purchased at expo from lllreptile. Handling: very rarely, only to put in shower. Feeding: crickets, waxworms, superworms, and turkistan roaches (Waxworms should only be feed as a treat as they are very high in fat).

Supplements: calcium with d3 three times every week. Again a good supplement schedule is: calcium w/o D3 every day of the week except 1. On the day you choose alternate between calcium with D3 and a good multivitamin. This is very important and needs to be adjusted right away!.

Water: automated dripper set to 60 seconds every 3 hrs along with handmisting. What kind of dripper did you get? Your dripper should be going all day, even if you need to fill it up multiple times. What is your new hand misting schedule?

Enclosure: 18 by 18 by 36 screen cage. Plenty of branches and fake plants. I would not describe your enclosure as having "plenty" of anything. I was going to get a live plant but I spent all my money from moving lawns on the dripper because I think he is dehydrated. Don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you? I am assuming you are a kid still living at home if you are mowing lawns for cash. Mowing lawns is not going to cover the costs of owning a cham! If you can't afford a plant then I think it is time to either get your parents involved or find a new owner. What are you going to do if he needs to go to the vet? How would you pay for that? Would you just not take "him" and watch him die?? If he is really a he and his body is that big he should see a vet because he is either overweight (and IDK how that would be possible with what you where feeding him) or there is something else possibly going on like parasites (which is VERY likely) or maybe even impaction.

Temperature: basking spot is around 95 Basking should not be above 90 while cage temp is 80. Nightime varies from 70 to 80ish. Humidity: 40 to 70. I am trying to breed turkistan roaches for him and I am also using the shower method to help keep him hydrated. Again to keep him hydrated mist more, and run your dripper all day. Many people have asked how old your UVB light is, and you have not answered, why? We are trying to help you and your cham by taking time out of our lives to post to you. If you don't want to answer our questions, or get our help then stop posting that you do, so we can stop wasting our time.

He has the strength to drink and still eats Why wouldn't he have strength to eat or drink?, but in private. I don't think the dehydration is too bad yet but I am working my butt off to keep him hydrated. I think the dripper will help even though it empties out really fast. Please describe "his" poo, and urates. Color, consistency etc... Why do you think he is dehydrated?

I am really putting in time to answer you, there are things here that would cost no money to fix, "his" basking temp for example. I went back and looked at your original posts and your basking temp was good then... So why did you change it? How are you measuring the different temps? In your original post you claimed you where dusting 3X a week without D3 so what's the deal with that?? There are a few places with inconsistency's like that, so whats really going on?

I don't want to be harsh, or mean but dude get your poo together man! For your chams sake! For some of this information it is the 2nd time I have given it to you. If you are going to keep your cham 1) get your parents involved and 2) use this as a kind of check list so you can make sure you get to everything. I know it is a lot of information to have thrown at you but you can reefer to your thread anytime to make sure you get everything.

She's right my man. You gotta be accurate in your reporting so we can help you out. Don't take it harshly, take it that she really cares for your cham and your success with him.

I am pretty sure he is a male, and he is not obese, he was just puffing himself up a little in the photos. He does that whenever I open his cage. My UVB light is about two months old, so it's not in danger of burning out. I used to use calcium without d3 but have changed that relatively recently. I increased the cage temperature because I have read that they turn brown all day if it is too cold. I will start to use a lower wattage bulb again. I think he is dehydrated because his eyes are a little sunken, like the Jackson's chameleon in the picture on the main menu. His urates are also orange sonetimes, other days they are white. He gets daily showers now and usually turns bright green when he is being showered. I will buy a good multivitamin immediately. His spraying schedule is dripper on all day, set to 60 seconds per hour. I should get one of those " little dripper " things they sell. They seem to work well. I spray him twice a day with the handmister as well. The dripper is a zoo med repti rain. I will have to wait until morning to get a good fecal picture.

Attachments

• 1506652330574-689822603.jpg
    1506652330574-689822603.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 73
I purposely took my time to answer your last post because I had a few things to consider, and I have decided that someone else is going to have to step in and help you because I am way to frustrated with you to continue. I also have the same gut feeling I get when I know my 12 year old son is lying to me about something, and trying to backtrack to cover his butt. Just making up stuff that he thinks I want to hear. I feel very badly for your cham because he doesn't deserve this treatment and maybe even neglect. My last bit of advice for you is to find him a new owner who can take care of all his needs, then if you still want a pet get something easy like a beta fish but stay away from reptiles!

I wish your cham good luck that you find him a great new home!!

Back
Top Bottom