Sick baby

tigerlily1117

Could use some advice-my sons baby Cham is approximately 2 months old now (he’s had her for a month)- she’s been doing well eating, normal poops etc. Today we found her collapsed on the bottom of her cage. Her colors were much darker than normal and her mouth was open. My husband was able to warm her up and she’s standing and looking normal again. We misted her cage and are leaving her be just checking in occasionally. We can’t get her seen by a vet until Monday. Any thoughts until then?

Could use some advice-my sons baby Cham is approximately 2 months old now (he’s had her for a month)- she’s been doing well eating, normal poops etc. Today we found her collapsed on the bottom of her cage. Her colors were much darker than normal and her mouth was open. My husband was able to warm her up and she’s standing and looking normal again. We misted her cage and are leaving her be just checking in occasionally. We can’t get her seen by a vet until Monday. Any thoughts until then?
Could you post pictures of her and her cage?

And for the best help read and fill out following

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Could you post pictures of her and her cage?

And for the best help read and fill out following
  • Your Chameleon - veiled, female, we’ve had her just over a month and believe she was around a month old when we got her.
  • Handling - I believe my son handles her for a few minutes daily (more than he should)
  • Feeding - roaches as much as she will eat, occasional meal worm , sometimes crickets and black fly larva.bugs are fed squash, kale, sweet potato, we feed her in the am and add more if needed
  • Supplements - We use the advised calcium and calcium with d3, bugs are dusted with calcium every other day, d3 once a month
  • Watering - 3-4 minutes of hand spraying am and pm, dripper all day and humidifier at night. Not seen her drink recently
  • Fecal Description - have seen normal brown and white feces, there are a few that may not have the white
  • History - in the last few days I’ve seen her in a corner she isn’t usually in.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen all around with plastic sheeting on three sides
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Thanks for posting our husbandry answers from before, I was just trying fill it out again and lost it all. We have updated her heat bulb to a regular 60 watt bulb and have changed the brand of calcium with d3

Have changed her enclosure to the big one? And did you get the lineair UVB fixture? Pictures would still be useful

How is her breathing what temps are you keeping her enclosure is she in mess or glass

Back
Top Bottom