Sick baby panther.

Its definitely a T5
I do not think you are understanding me....

T5 indicates fixture type. The full name is a T5HO. There are other linear fixtures like a T8. T8's are not typically used anymore on cham cages. So yes you more then likely have a T5 or the other name for it T5HO fixture.

BUT the bulbs that go in them for UVB have different strengths. UNLESS YOU bought a fixture that came with a daylight bulb that you did not change out for a uvb bulb.

You have one of two things going on here and the ONLY way to know which is for you to go look at the ends of that bulb on the glass. Take a picture of what is printed on the bulb for me. If you have a daylight bulb they are getting NO uvb which is killing them. If you are using a UVB bulb at 3-4 inches above them you are over exposing them to an extremely high UVI level which is killing them.

The only way I can help you is if I know exactly what the bulb is that is in your fixture.

Now I'm thinking its a 6%. My husband disagrees with me. Could this be the problem?

Attachments

• 20220331_202307.jpg
    20220331_202307.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 65
Now I'm thinking its a 6%. My husband disagrees with me. Could this be the problem?
It IS a 6% UVB bulb. So as I said earlier they are being severely over exposed to levels of UVB that is making their bodies shut down. You need a full 11-12 measured inches between the bottom of the fixture and the branch to get the correct 3 UVI level.

If baby was in a screen cage the set up for uvb would have to be different because your dealing with screen climbing and a reduction of uvb output due to the light having to go through the screen. If you get to the point of needing the info for how to have the UVB with a screen cage let me know. However I do not thing moving baby at this point is a good idea.

Well crap. Is it too late to make the change.
Make the changes to the height of the uvb as I said above. Hopefully it is not too late for this baby to pull through.

Mist the bin so that the plants are dripping wet. Put in tons of tiny feeder. You can put a piece of banana in on the top level where baby is hanging out and if you are using fruit flies they will stay near the banana which will make it easier on baby.

DO not add any heat lamps to the baby. It is way too young for more heat. 70's is perfectly fine for it.

Back
Top Bottom