showing dark colors

caroline?

Avid Member
hii so today my female jackson Cleo has been showing this dark strip, pretty much all day she ate fine but im just worried. dose anyone know why she is showing that color?
also people have said they can slow down eating before giving birth, do they always do that? because she's huge and eating great and she didn't slow down or stop eating when she had her last clutch.

Attachments

• 1AB51EB9-BC4E-4531-B998-CF89B0D745AB.jpeg
    1AB51EB9-BC4E-4531-B998-CF89B0D745AB.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 144
hello there. So dark coloration in any chameleon can mean a few things. One as you pointed out, is when a chameleon is gravid. She could be trying to warm herself up, but It looks like you have a perch right under the heat lamp so I doubt that is the case. It could also be a sign of stress or illness. If she is eating and moving fine, she is probably just an egg bound which would account for her increase in size. From the pic, you posted it looks like her eyes might be sunken in which usually means dehydration which can cause dark colors. Have you seen her drink and how do you hydrate her?

hello there. So dark coloration in any chameleon can mean a few things. One as you pointed out, is when a chameleon is gravid. She could be trying to warm herself up, but It looks like you have a perch right under the heat lamp so I doubt that is the case. It could also be a sign of stress or illness. If she is eating and moving fine, she is probably just an egg bound which would account for her increase in size. From the pic, you posted it looks like her eyes might be sunken in which usually means dehydration which can cause dark colors. Have you seen her drink and how do you hydrate her?

Jackson's give live births, and don't lay eggs. However with that being said, I believe we are expecting the possibility of another clutch with this girl based on other posts.

@caroline? what is her basking temp/cage temp currently? How long are you misting for?
@JacksJill @Kaizen

Back
Top Bottom