showers with cham??

bwalsh18

i was just wondering how everybody takes showers with your cham. do you guys have extra vines or something set up in the bathroom or do you take a shower and hold him or what?

I don't think he was saying that's how he does it, I think he was asking how everyone else showers their chams. :p We don't do that with any of ours, but I know people just put plants in the bottom of the shower and move the shower head so that the water hits the wall and it's more of a mist that comes down on them.

I have put my ficus tree in the shower with luke warm water hitting the side of the shower and small dropplets would bounce off onto my plant and thats how i did it.. my panther loves it he gets as close to the top as possible and just sits there turning so the water can hit each side of him. dono if its what i was supposed to do but he really seems to like it.

See, my Charlotte and I love using Herbal Essences in the morning! :D Juuuuust kidding. Yep, everyone does what's already being said - put a plant in the shower and have the water bounce off the wall to your chameleon.

See, my Charlotte and I love using Herbal Essences in the morning! :D Juuuuust kidding. Yep, everyone does what's already being said - put a plant in the shower and have the water bounce off the wall to your chameleon.

HaHa, Johnny, my Ankaramy just loves the Lynx range!! lol. He likes head and shoulders too which helps out with his dandruff.:D

I shower with a big cheese plant ( not sure of latin name, monstra or something ) and just bounce off the wall for mist. I think thats the only way to do it to be honest.

I would be mortified if my cham saw me naked, so I have a spray bottle with warm water close by and he seems to think that is perfectly fine.

so this might sound silly, but what is the real benefit of the shower. To get them to drink? or is there something I am missing here!!!

I personally use my chameleon as a scrubby as literally shower WITH him. Here you see him getting mad at me because I wanted to replace him with the scrubby beneath him.

40wat_010.jpg

so this might sound silly, but what is the real benefit of the shower. To get them to drink? or is there something I am missing here!!!

Higher humidity, more opportunity to drink.

I know I'll get some flack for this but I have a wooden dowel that I put Triton on that is above the shower and I shower with him all the time...I know...the fumes are bad for him and blah blah blah but he seems to really enjoy it and so do I so what can I say :)

I know I'll get some flack for this but I have a wooden dowel that I put Triton on that is above the shower and I shower with him all the time...I know...the fumes are bad for him and blah blah blah but he seems to really enjoy it and so do I so what can I say :)

Other than being very worried about "the fumes"...I have no issue with you showering with your chameleon...what are the fumes? where do they come from? can you not have a shower that is not full of fumes????

I personally use my chameleon as a scrubby as literally shower WITH him. Here you see him getting mad at me because I wanted to replace him with the scrubby beneath him.

40wat_010.jpg

Higher humidity, more opportunity to drink.

HAHA they're very good for exfoliation. No wonder you skin is flawless! :D

Other than being very worried about "the fumes"...I have no issue with you showering with your chameleon...what are the fumes? where do they come from? can you not have a shower that is not full of fumes????

LOL!!! I'm sure there must be fumes of some kind especially from my Pantene conditioner...not sure if it's enough to asphyxiate Triton or not but he seems to be a happy green guy so I figure why not????

I wonder what kind of fumes you're talking about. :D:rolleyes::D

In all seriousness, I have had a crested gecko start sneezing because my mom lit a candle. Poor guy.

I wonder what kind of fumes you're talking about. :D:rolleyes::D

In all seriousness, I have had a crested gecko start sneezing because my mom lit a candle. Poor guy.

LOL...that's really funny...seriously How many fumes can you have in a shower??? I'm just having some fun even though I still take a shower with my cham sometimes..but it's not like it's an every day occurrence or anything...LOL!!!!

lucky chams?

please tell me that you girls arent actually showering WITH your chams? the chams may be lucky, but that would be a good way to get some of their charms. in all seriousness, anyone who has done any cham fecal microscopy will tell you, not a good practice. their is a whole plethora of parasitic infections that could be transmitted by doing so, many of which could be as difficult to treat in humans as they are in chams. most of us are are aware of the possibility that they are there, but actually viewing them in a microscope adds a different reality to it. jmo

Back
Top Bottom