should i shower my cham?

Johnny909

I will be doing a complete cage clean where i take out everything, Biff is in good health and all, but I was wondering if it would be sorta of a "bonus" to give him a shower since he will be out of the cage anyway?

I don't think that it is necessary to shower your chameleon unless its dehydrated, but I would look around for some more advice. :)

I stick mine in the shower while doing a good cage cleaning. Actually in the middle of doing it for my troop right now! I dont see a problem with it as long as it doesnt stress your cham out. I do suggest if you have a pump sprayer to fill that up and fashion it on the curtain rod so you save water!! I use a gallon of water and it takes at least 20 or so minutes to empty. Imagine all the water from a shower you are using in that time;)

My adult gets one everyweek. Just as long as the water temp isnt too hot I bet it could turn into an enjoyable time for your cham. Mine sits and chills and drinks too, usually poos then he has had enough and its back to the free range. You will just want to make sure you have a nice plant for him to hang out on

I stick mine in the shower while doing a good cage cleaning. Actually in the middle of doing it for my troop right now! I dont see a problem with it as long as it doesnt stress your cham out. I do suggest if you have a pump sprayer to fill that up and fashion it on the curtain rod so you save water!! I use a gallon of water and it takes at least 20 or so minutes to empty. Imagine all the water from a shower you are using in that time;)

I might as well try it with my chams tomorrow or maybe today if i'm able to. would a misting setting work with them?

Back
Top Bottom