Should I put a fan??

Aywsl

We have a veiled, panther and a Jackson. They all using reptibreeze XL and locate it side by side. I have shower curtain to block all three sides since it very hard to keep the humidity up in Canada when we have heat on due to the cold winter. Should I still add a fan to increase the air flow?? If yes, can I use a regular household fan inside the room instead of fan inside the cage?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If the front is open screen as well as the top I think you should be fine without using a fan. I use a small 40mm fan or 2 on glass exo terras. In your situation I don’t think it is needed. Do your cages dry out in between Mistings ?

Yes. I already add alot of live plants, with humidifier on at night, mist one time before night on and one time after night out. And dripper during afternoon. And hardly keep up with the humidity level they need.

Your fine. You shouldn't even need a fan on an Exoterra.

Adding a fan, will decrease humidity and defy the point anyway.

What humidity levels are you getting? And you’re also speaking about 3 different species which have 3 different humidity and heat requirements. Panther and veileds are very similar, Jackson’s require more humidity less heat etc.

I put the Jackson closer to the window cause I know they need a cooler temperature especially at night and humidity level higher than the other two. So far the highest I can reach for the Jackson at night is around high 70, during the day is around high 30

I put the Jackson closer to the window cause I know they need a cooler temperature especially at night and humidity level higher than the other two. So far the highest I can reach for the Jackson at night is around high 70, during the day is around high 30

30 is not high enough for the Jackson or the panther.

Can you shoot us a pic of the enclosures. What is the humidity in your home?

Where are you taking the humidity readings?

I use digital humidity reader. I just check. Right now Jackson is 78, panther is 64 and veiled is 58.

Attachments

• 20200224_005335.jpg
    20200224_005335.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200224_005323.jpg
    20200224_005323.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200224_005202.jpg
    20200224_005202.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 99
First pic is veiled, second pic is panther n third one is Jackson. Sorry I didn't want to turn on the light. So the pictures not that good

I use digital humidity reader. I just check. Right now Jackson is 78, panther is 64 and veiled is 58.

That's night readings though right?

The goal is above 50% for panther, and Jackson's during the day. 100% at night for all 3.

I would suggest, a longer morning mist, an afternoon mist to start.

Also, you can use shower curtain liner and spline it into the screen frame in place of screen for the door. Don't cover the bottom vent, just the door.

Yes that for the night. I know they should have higher humanity level. But I really don't know what else I can do to keep it up. We have the heat on all night and it dry up the house pretty quick too. And I read that is not good for them during day time if the enclosures are constantly soak, it might grow bacteria. Do you think it will make any difference if I block three sides with something else instead of shower curtain?

I will try your suggestions. Thank you very much for your time. I want them to have the best environment and trying to do my best. And now I m the one who starting to stress about about everything. Lol. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom