should i get a new cham...

nicoRamirez

how much harder is it to care for a panther than a vield and what do you need to do differently i am considering getting a panther for my collection

I wouldnt say that panthers are any harder than veileds at all. If you've been successful with veildeds, its unlikely you'd have trouble with a panther. Slightly more restricted temperature range. Seem to need fewer plants/hiding places. They dont typically eat veg matter directly, so gutloading is of importance.

what is a good panther to start out with i dont have alot of $ so anybody know of some websites with some cheap chams...

You will find some good prices here in the classifieds and I have had experience only with chameleoncompany.com. And I must say, they haven't let me down yet! :D

what is a good panther to start out with i dont have alot of $ so anybody know of some websites with some cheap chams...

All panthers are essentially equal in terms of how you care for them.

Choose for the colour you'd like to have. Go for quality, not cheap. A healthy animal, from a reputable breeding, will likely cost you less in the long run than a cheap, possibly unhealthy animal. Check the classifieds on this site or with the site sponsors. If you dont have a lot of money, now may not be the right time to buy another animal. Keep in mind that vet visits can get expensive, the cost of new bulbs every six months adds up, feeders, etc.

If you dont have a lot of money, now may not be the right time to buy another animal. Keep in mind that vet visits can get expensive, the cost of new bulbs every six months adds up, feeders, etc.

I would like to make this a major point!

If you are short on money get some roaches, worms and or crickets and start breeding them before you get your cham. so that way you dont have to buy food it saves me about 40 bucks a month on food for my 5 chams.

If you dont have a few hundred bucks to give to a vet at all times dont get a cham!!!

Flchams.com is my favorite!!!! Call them Mike will help you out he lives up to everything he says. I ordered 4 veiled chams about 2 months ago. They were all in great shape and still are now.

I would say you can't go wrong by goin with one of this forums sponsors all are very good or at least the three i have ordered from chameleon co , fl cham,Heroic they are all good people that offer quality product and are very helpful even after owning the animal for a year they seem to always be willing to answer any questions. Remember when you buy a cheap chameleon don't be upset when you recieve a cheap chameleon :eek::eek:

nicoRamirez...since you are having issues with your other chameleon, I would wait until you get that figured out so you can be sure you know how to look after a chameleon properly before you get another one. Also...it will give you more time to save some more money. Sometimes buying a "cheap" chameleon will mean you will start out with one that may not be the healthiest.

Back
Top Bottom