should i be worried?

Carlemeleon

I cleaned out Millys enclosure a few minutes ago. I took everything out except the top branch she spends most of her time on. (I left her inside also, I didn't use any chemicals just changed paper towels and made sure the live plants were healthy). I also had to rearrange the other branches. Now she is climbing the walls and hanging from the top of her cage. Is she just a little freaked out? Will she get over it?! Should I do anything or just leave her alone for the rest of the day?

She may just need some time to get used to the rearranging of her area. Just make sure shes not too close to her heat lamp so she wont burn herself.

Thank you. She came down but is still a little skittish. She started to hide when I came in the room. As soon as I saw she was ok I left again. Gonna give her space and let her settle in. Thanks again.

Oh yes!! They get very grumpy when you have a change round. So ungrateful when you think you are giving them a nice new plant or lovely new arrangement!!! LOL

To be fair, it used to drive me mad when my Mam did it coz I couldn't find anything!!! LOL

Little one will settle down, but best not to do many change rounds. Leave her be and she'll settle in :)

I moved Terry's enclosure to the other side of the room the other day and he was climbing the walls and trying to hang on the ceiling, but he calmed down after he realised he was still in the same house.

Chams can be a little testy after rearanging things in their cage. Shes just needs some time to adjust to her new digs ;)

My experience is that chameleons HATE change.

I installed a different colored tube for my cham's drip system, from dark black to a see through tubing, and he got in a 2 day pissing match with the drip system. turning dark black and hissing and even taking a bite at the tube. All because it was new.

they are certainly funny little critters, at the very least i know for a fact that some HATE change.

mine does the same thing, whenever I try to clean the cage or move anything he crawls on the ceiling for a while until he gets settled in. I moved my lights about 2 1/2 inches above the ceiling screen just so he wouldn't get burned.

Back
Top Bottom