Should I be worried about the color of my senegal chameleon?

KwableGuy

Recently I noticed my senegal turning pretty pale and they definitely aren't about to shed, it's only been a few weeks since the last shed. I have no idea what the cause could be so could you guys offer some suggestions or let me know if i should even be worried at all?
1655916802440.png

What's the temperature in the cage? Basking area?
Ahh that's probably the problem. I checked the temperature of the basking area and it was 89 F. Looks like the heat in summer has affected the cage quite a bit. I have promptly turned the fan on, I hope that can help.

Ahh that's probably the problem. I checked the temperature of the basking area and it was 89 F. Looks like the heat in summer has affected the cage quite a bit. I have promptly turned the fan on, I hope that can help.

So since chameleons are reptiles and do not (obviously) sweat, turning a fan on won’t cool them (unless the enclosure is wet and it does via evaporative cooling but at this temp I would not recommend this). There are things you can do immediately to cool your enclosure down like putting ice packs on the top of it, and most simply, turning on your AC (if you have it). Check this video out:

Tips for cooling off your chameleon in the summer

So since chameleons are reptiles and do not (obviously) sweat, turning a fan on won’t cool them (unless the enclosure is wet and it does via evaporative cooling but at this temp I would not recommend this). There are things you can do immediately to cool your enclosure down like putting ice packs on the top of it, and most simply, turning on your AC (if you have it). Check this video out:

Tips for cooling off your chameleon in the summer
Ohh, actually I do have a portable AC unit so it looks like I have a nice solution after all, I genuinely had no idea about the fan thing.

Back
Top Bottom