should I be concerned?

MangoTango

Established Member
hey so my cham is laying her second clutch right now, first one went smooth. she started at 9:30 am, it is now 7:58 pm. she dug her hole and laid them and she’s been covering them for quite some time now. seems like much more than needed. should I be concerned at all? her lights will shut off at 8:30 pm for bedtime.

edit: she left a little after her lights shut off. she’s completely done right? if she wasn’t done she would sleep in the bin right?

Last edited:
My girl has never finished the same day and always sleeps in her hole. The second day is always covering up and camouflaging (she lays in a bioactive soil). When she’s back up at her branch she should ready, especially when she’s all skinny and wrinkled.

I can’t seem to recall what my girls have done before, but this last time Stella did sleep on a branch and returned to her tunnel in the morning.
the hole had long since been covered up so I wasn’t sure if she was just going to her bed branch because the lights shut off or because she was done

From everything I have read I would leave the bin today as well and make sure she does not go back down to it. But I do not have hands on experience with females.

update ! so I found this thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/is-this-normal-after-laying.23436/
that was exactly what my cham was doing. I removed the bin and the eggs. 30 eggs this clutch! I fed her earlier and made sure she drank well. i’ll keep a close watch on her. her first clutch, she patted down the soil after she covered them and everything was flat, this time, she pushed so much that soil was overflowing out of the bin (it’s a foot deep) and she made like a huge landslide instead of just letting it be flat. she also went down there again this morning after me feeding her and giving her water, she went down and kept digging while I was looking at her and she didn’t care. the thread explains more. anyway just wanted to update you all

update ! so I found this thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/is-this-normal-after-laying.23436/
that was exactly what my cham was doing. I removed the bin and the eggs. 30 eggs this clutch! I fed her earlier and made sure she drank well. i’ll keep a close watch on her. her first clutch, she patted down the soil after she covered them and everything was flat, this time, she pushed so much that soil was overflowing out of the bin (it’s a foot deep) and she made like a huge landslide instead of just letting it be flat. she also went down there again this morning after me feeding her and giving her water, she went down and kept digging while I was looking at her and she didn’t care. the thread explains more. anyway just wanted to update you all
I would reduce her bin soil depth down to 6 inches after this one. 12 inches is really deep and they will dig farther than needed cause more energy to be used.

I would reduce her bin soil depth down to 6 inches after this one. 12 inches is really deep and they will dig farther than needed cause more energy to be used.
she’s also screen climbing a little which she only does when receptive. somehow the girl’s still got a bit of energy

Back
Top Bottom