shipping

evertech11

if i order online how far away should the place that i'm ordering from be so that the chams are healthy and not too stressed out

Since they all arrive usually in the same amount of time, distance shouldnt matter all too much. Personally, I think the actual part where the cameleon is in the box/bag being shipped is quite stress-free. I'd think more stress comes from WildCaughts being pulled from a tree and put into holding pens with other males. That said, if you are odering CBs or LTCs, you should have any problem.

I pull dozens and dozens of animals out of import bages every week. Most look to be in good shape. Out of around 150 true chameleons that came in a couple weeks ago, only 4 were DOAs- and most likely not healthy before shipping.

Again, you would be ordeing captive bred or long term captives, sent from within the coulntry, there is good care given to proper packing, unlike what is done when shipping from the country of origin.

Will Hayward said:
Since they all arrive usually in the same amount of time, distance shouldnt matter all too much. Personally, I think the actual part where the cameleon is in the box/bag being shipped is quite stress-free. I'd think more stress comes from WildCaughts being pulled from a tree and put into holding pens with other males. That said, if you are odering CBs or LTCs, you should have any problem.

I pull dozens and dozens of animals out of import bages every week. Most look to be in good shape. Out of around 150 true chameleons that came in a couple weeks ago, only 4 were DOAs- and most likely not healthy before shipping.

Again, you would be ordeing captive bred or long term captives, sent from within the coulntry, there is good care given to proper packing, unlike what is done when shipping from the country of origin.

As you were just told distance shouldnt matter, nicley said will

thanks

thanks, i wanted to know because i'm thinking about ordering two r. brev's from a california based company, and i live in southern maine.:)

Roo sells captive bred r. brevs on the east coast. If you want WC, FL chams has some, and so does First Choice Reptiles. And, probably a bunch of other people in the Florida area too. I bought my first group from LLLreptile and my second group from First Choice Reptiles, and have been happy with all of them. Nick Mole sent an extra.. :D

Heika

i was thinking about buying a pair from lllreptiles. i allready have all of the supplies that were n a list in one of roo's articles so i'm pretty much good to go, i just need to order the chams.

Back
Top Bottom