Shipping

Rango3d

Avid Member
I haven't seen anything about shipping on here.
So I was thinking, why not share expiences about shipping companies.
Who you like or dislike for shipping supplies, food, and even our pets.

I'll go first

I don't like FedEx cause they are always late. I like USPS because they're super fast. 2 day packages arrive in 1 day for me.
I once had a FedEx package take 1 week to get to me when it should have taken 2 days or less. It was my Aquazamp system so no big deal. But cause of it I worrie about shipping animals through them.
Ups also delievers pretty quick.

It could just be my area and opposite somewhere else.

I use Reptiles Express for all of the Chams I sell. Debbie is fantastic and on top of everything, she will track deliveries and make phone calls to FedEx to work on correcting any shipping issues. Ship Your Reptiles has a great reputation as well. They use FedEx and also offer insurance for a fee if your live animal arrives DOA AFTER the guaranteed delivery time. I make all of my shipping containers myself, I think they are made better than the pre bought stuff and I just like doing it that way :) dry goods and bugs I use USPS or UPS. For temp control I started using Phase 22 packs a few months ago and will never go back go regular cold packs. I have absolutely love them. Still doing test at home with them for winter shippments and have not perfected thaf yet. I think they will need a combo of phase 22 and a 40 hour heat pack for winter.
Well that's how I roll, lol :) you will get lots of opinions on shippers. I also think it makes a difference where you live. All have pros & cons.

That's the idea. A poll to see who likes who. Which companies exel in certain areas and fail in others.
:)

Any of the site sponsors will use a reliable source so I wouldn't worry. Otherwise you should ask the breeder prior to shipping what their shipping methods are. Anyone who has a website should have this on there.

Hi Guys.

I order some nosy Faly from Edgar from Chameleons Canada. He uses a local frieght company for shipping and i received my chams in less than 34 hours..

All healthly and strong.
NO issues and No hassles.
For me based in thailand, its all good and clear cut.
Packing was also by Reptile express in canada. Seems good.

All i wanna say is that its possible to deal international and all it takes is a little patience for the documentations and we are good to go.

* Still looking forward to buy some special panthers here from USA. Anyone ??

=)

Shipping and receiving

I don't like recieving my live animals through the mail . One I can not see what I am buying Nd how healthy it is. Two the way they treat packages the animal will be so stressed out. That's the worst thing for our camileons. I would rather buy near by see what I am getting and bring it home myself. None living supplies are different UPS or Fed X can handle that just fine. And I can track it if I need too.
Zodn

For me, buying locally was not an option. Months of research and I came up with nothing in my area for panther chameleons. However, I did find Chameleons Galore and she used Reptile Express. I only have one experience with them but she dropped him off there in the evening and by late morning the next day he arrived. Healthy, albeit, not too happy but soon enough he settled in. I would absolutely purchase that way again in the future if I cannot find what I'm looking for locally.

They only deliver to a person so your cham doesn't sit in post office or on a doorstep.

Hi Guys.

I order some nosy Faly from Edgar from Chameleons Canada. He uses a local frieght company for shipping and i received my chams in less than 34 hours..

All healthly and strong.
NO issues and No hassles.
For me based in thailand, its all good and clear cut.
Packing was also by Reptile express in canada. Seems good.

All i wanna say is that its possible to deal international and all it takes is a little patience for the documentations and we are good to go.

* Still looking forward to buy some special panthers here from USA. Anyone ??

=)

bro are there any panther chameleons in thailand for sale? i live in the philippines it's so hard to get them in... how much did it cost you to import and release your goods?

I don't like FedEx cause they are always late. I like USPS because they're super fast. 2 day packages arrive in 1 day for me.

I understand your view is from personal experience, but when taking a wider look at shipping performance, I think the reality is 180 degrees opposite.

At ShipYourReptiles we ship thousands of packages a month. All FedEx. They do an excellent job, and the exceptions (late, missing, damaged) are few and far between.

In my 20 years experience shipping live packages, you are actually going to get the WORST performance from USPS. They don't deliver Express Overnight packages to every domestic address, many are indeed 2 days, which is not a good choice for live reptiles. The tracking ability at FedEx is also far superior to the tracking of US Postal.

At SYR, if there is a package in crisis, late or what have you, we can actually get as far as getting the specific driver on the phone. Having such a large account, we have a very high level connection with FedEx, and we use that to provide outstanding customer service to the SYR users.

In addition, we offer On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance for Overnight packages, something that no other service offers (not postal, not other overnight, not air freight services).

We also have a micro-donation function that allows you to donate as little as 50 cents per shipment to USARK and PIJAC, to ensure the future of the hobby, and protect our ability to buy, sell and ship reptiles.

We work very hard to support the hobby and industry. We advertise on and support forums like Chameleon Forums, and we work hard to provide the knowledge and support for even first time shippers to execute a live shipment with confidence in safe and healthy arrival.

And all with a rate that starts at 20% off the FedEx rate : )

I understand your view is from personal experience, but when taking a wider look at shipping performance, I think the reality is 180 degrees opposite.

At ShipYourReptiles we ship thousands of packages a month. All FedEx. They do an excellent job, and the exceptions (late, missing, damaged) are few and far between.

In my 20 years experience shipping live packages, you are actually going to get the WORST performance from USPS. They don't deliver Express Overnight packages to every domestic address, many are indeed 2 days, which is not a good choice for live reptiles. The tracking ability at FedEx is also far superior to the tracking of US Postal.

At SYR, if there is a package in crisis, late or what have you, we can actually get as far as getting the specific driver on the phone. Having such a large account, we have a very high level connection with FedEx, and we use that to provide outstanding customer service to the SYR users.

In addition, we offer On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance for Overnight packages, something that no other service offers (not postal, not other overnight, not air freight services).

We also have a micro-donation function that allows you to donate as little as 50 cents per shipment to USARK and PIJAC, to ensure the future of the hobby, and protect our ability to buy, sell and ship reptiles.

We work very hard to support the hobby and industry. We advertise on and support forums like Chameleon Forums, and we work hard to provide the knowledge and support for even first time shippers to execute a live shipment with confidence in safe and healthy arrival.

You are so correct on every point! I would never ship a live animal USPS. I did not know about the donation option for USARK and PIJC, thats very cool! Thanks.:D

Robyn, you are, always have been and always will be my shipper. You solve any problem I have had, even several I created for myself. I have never shipped a cham that did not arrive healthy.

why I dont ship w/ fedex:

NLe4vC8.gif

Please don't take me wrong. I'm in no way bashing FedEx. I would never ship a live animal with USPS.
It was just more of a poll to see which company is quicker in the area you live.
In my area, FedEx delievers over night packages around 12 and sometimes later. They still get the package to me, even if it's a tad late. But chameleons have always come safe.
Ups gets gets overnight packages to me around 1030 and sometimes earlier.
USPS gets my supplies in super ahead of schudule.
This has always been the case in my area.

Again I'm in no way bashing any company.
Just wanted to see if it was the opposite somewhere else.
:)

Back
Top Bottom