shipped or bought in person

Hi! i am debating buying a cham from either chromatic chameleons or a place 2 hours away from me that sells chameleons. i like the chameleons from CC much better- but is it better to pick a cham out in person?

So the thing about buying one is you need to know the reputation of the breeder. Unless you are extremely familiar with all signs of what a healthy baby is, picking out one in person is a crap shoot. Not to mention you do not know what kind of parasites it may have that you visually can not see.

So do not base it on distance. Find a breeder with a good rep talk with them and pick out the baby you want. A good breeder will respond to your messages and answer questions. I have heard good things about CC but do not have first hand experience with them.

If your concerned about shipping this is why having a good breeder is important. They will not ship their babies if the weather does not allow for it.

i’m no expert in chams- this is only my 2nd. I have heard good things ab CC too which is why i liked them. the breeder here had some good reviews online but i’m still suspicious because there were only like 10 reviews.

that’s what i’ve heard-and ive had it happen to me. but at the same time-there really aren’t reputable breeders in my area

I know you’re reluctant about having a chameleon shipped to you, but as mentioned previously, a responsible breeder won’t ship if it isn’t safe to do so. Also, you may spend a bit more at the well established and reputable breeders, but the care they put into their chams and the service they will provide you is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom