Shiping chams

Courtney

Is it safe to ship chams to NJ at this time of year. also i do not have pay pal so how would that work. i may have found a home for ecko with a forum member!!! I have run out of time and space and my chams must be gone this week. all prices are very negotiable. prices do not inc shiping.!!!

if you properly use a heatpack, im no expert on shipping, I just know it can be done, just be careful with the placement of the heatpack

Just watch temperatures and try to ship in the warmest weather you will have.

If you don't have a paypal, but have a debit card, you can just enter your card number and you dont even have to register. It just takes it like a business will. Also, if you can't use paypal you can ask the seller if you can pay via western union, then all you have to do is goto a western union site and pay there.

https://www.paypal.com/

Just click that and create your own account. Then you can either link a debit card or your checking account to your paypal account. Its rather simple and will allow you to bill via email.

Its also a good and smart way to ensure buyer/seller safety. They also have great customer service.

I made mine when I was 16, took me about 20 mins tops. Just make one and it will make selling your chams a whole lot easier.

For shipping you can use http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/
provide a receipt to the person who is buying the chameleons and you can charge for shipping as well.

Ship your reptiles will do a great job at taking care of the animal - they provide everything you need to keep the cham warm and safe. Plus they schedule the pick up for you...

What is the 7 day forecast for your area and the area in NJ?

For cold weather shipping you need to be able to find boxes that come with foam inserts and 20 hr to higher heat packs. If someone has the right tools and are good with clean cuts then you can find boards of foam insulation at lowes etc. No where around here sells the prefab insulated boxes. I have to order them.

Shipping big chams you can use a cloth bag or a brown paper bag. I use the brown paper bags for small chams also. Dont like the idea of them bouncing off the deli cups.

1. put box together
2. put foam inserts in
3. put shredded news paper or crumpled onto bottom
4. put shredded paper in the bag. If you use a brown paper bag punch a few holes in it. If the animal is big use it as you would for a loaf of bread not say dropping a marble into it:rolleyes: and staple shut
5. put animal on top of the news paper and fill in around it with lightly crumpled or shredded news paper. Also a small layer on top.
6. wrap your heat pack up with news paper. If the pack is a big one use more paper. This will let it go for longer with less heat instead of lots of heat for shorter.
7. tape pack to the bottom of the top piece of insulation. On one side or another not directly in the middle.
8. Poke two pen size holes straight through the box. Actually better to do it before the animal is in there:D Make sure tape will not cover the holes. Poke them more in the top half so heat can escape also.
9.put label on and tape box shut.

You can get cheaper shipping through shipyourreptiles.com. Paypal is the best way to be doing transactions IMO. Even if they do take a small percent. it takes a few days to set up though.

You could probably get away with doing it early this week. If temps are about the same in NJ as here then 32 is the low. I would not do it with a small animal though. I think you are only dealing with older animals. With a properly packed, larger chameleon one should be able to play with low temps a little more. Some may disagree but I have shipped them to some real cold places with no problems.

Edit: Also shipping from a warmer climate to a cooler climate can be tricky.

the warmer to cooler climate is all im worried about. i can get everything i would need to ship from a friend im pretty sure. oh boy here goes....Sativa my beautiful neon green girl is still up for grabs. she is a very lovely girl and my baby. she will make a great breeder. im worried that she will end up in a pet store.....

Don't sell her to a pet store then. Keep her in a smaller enclosure untill you can get her sold. Better a small cage than a dead Cham.

it has nothing to do with cage size. its the number of chams i have where im moving to. i will most likely keep her. shes way too pretty.

Oh, does the landlord not allow that many or something? Regardless, I'm sure if you put up some craigslist adds and stuff then you screen the takers you'll find someone.

More than happy to assist you with the temperatures and shipping.
You can PM me with your city and the receiving person's city and I'll give you my recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom