Shiny as a new penny.

Sweetcorn

Well I've had Kirby for nearly two weeks now and he's settling in really well and is a total joy to watch.

He had his first shed with me and was amazing to see how quickly the shed flakes. One minute he looked fine and the next was covered in large flakes.

So anyway I took the opportunity to take some pics of him looking nice and fresh and give him a clean out.

Kirby01.jpg

Love the chilled pose lol

Kirby02.jpg

These were in the exo while I cleaned his flexarium out. Always gives me a heart attack when he does this lol

Kirby03.jpg

Kirby04.jpg

chams looks great... im in the exact situation you are in. i got the same cham with the same age, i also got him about 2 weeks ago... i didnt see him shed yet tho. im waiting for that moment if i catch it in time....

Haha. Very cute. They shed so fast. Sometimes they are fine in morning and by the time u get home from work there is skin all over the cage.

Netty! He is such a goreous little chap! He looks so clean and green!:D

Chamster - yes, sometimes they may not eat for a day or so, or eat less than usual when getting ready to shed.

he is so beautiful! i love the babies. haha

Thank you :)

What a cutie! Appears your doing a great job caring for him ;)

Thanks....I hope I'm doing a good job. He certainly seems to be a happy little chap :D

chams looks great... im in the exact situation you are in. i got the same cham with the same age, i also got him about 2 weeks ago... i didnt see him shed yet tho. im waiting for that moment if i catch it in time....

Thanks and congrats on your little one too. Hope you don't miss it :)

Haha. Very cute. They shed so fast. Sometimes they are fine in morning and by the time u get home from work there is skin all over the cage.

Thanks....it was very fast and great to see him in the act.

oh snap....ok...do they still eat while theyre shedding im still wondering...

Well Kirby did eat during the day but while the skin was flaking he was more intent on rubbing himself against the furnishings to get it all off :)

Netty! He is such a goreous little chap! He looks so clean and green!:D

Chamster - yes, sometimes they may not eat for a day or so, or eat less than usual when getting ready to shed.

Thanks Tiff :) I can totally understand your passion for these amazing animals now. He's cast his spell on me lol

He is absolutely adorable! I am glad to see that you are enjoying him so much. They have a way about getting right into your heart.:)

Thanks Tiff :) I can totally understand your passion for these amazing animals now. He's cast his spell on me lol

What did I tell you?! ;) They are just the most amazing lizards ever! I love mine to bits - you'll soon realise though that, like geckos, one chameleon isn't enough!:rolleyes: It'll be wonderful to watch him grow up in pictures - I missed all that with my Tommy. Females don't colour up quite the same, although it was fascinating watching Amy get her big girl colours over the course of a week or so!:D

What did I tell you?! ;) They are just the most amazing lizards ever! I love mine to bits - you'll soon realise though that, like geckos, one chameleon isn't enough!:rolleyes: It'll be wonderful to watch him grow up in pictures - I missed all that with my Tommy. Females don't colour up quite the same, although it was fascinating watching Amy get her big girl colours over the course of a week or so!:D

Well if it is the same as geckos, I shall end up with 18 of them LOL. I'll be sure to keep his Aunty Tiff updated with lots of pics :D Still can't imagine him as an adult though!!

Just wait in a few months you'll be ready for a panther or a quad or a mellers. Well, you get where Im going with this. lol;)

Yes I think I can see the path clearly lol I have to say though, that I wouldn't say no to a certain "Professor" ;)

Love their zippers, lol! If you look further down on his belly - it splits into two briefly where he was attached to his egg sac - it looks like their zip has bust open, lol! Even chams have belly buttons!:D

Love their zippers, lol! If you look further down on his belly - it splits into two briefly where he was attached to his egg sac - it looks like their zip has bust open, lol! Even chams have belly buttons!:D

So it does :D

The other thing I did notice was how he used his tail to feel around for a hold when he was upside down on the mesh.

Back
Top Bottom