Sherman the Yellow Giant

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
The Sherminator is looking good!

This guy is acclimating really well. I feel so lucky to have this awesome guy in my collection.

31BC36FA-C0EB-4756-B9D4-C428A41DCA89.jpeg

Damn beautiful

In a couple years when I finish my degree and move my family into a larger house I hope some YGs will be available still. Moving around and having a small house(nice yard, but doesn’t help much during winter) has wrecked my reptile hobby for the moment. 😞
I would hope there will be several people breeding them by then. So many people have YG’s now and some have multiple adult pairs. It’s funny, when I first got them people weren’t really interested in them, now they seem to be all the rage. Perhaps the YL’s will make a come back now..

I would hope there will be several people breeding them by then. So many people have YG’s now and some have multiple adult pairs. It’s funny, when I first got them people weren’t really interested in them, now they seem to be all the rage. Perhaps the YL’s will make a come back now..
Man I always loved the YGs and YLs. In general, I think yellow chameleons are awesome and I love a huge chameleon, idc what color it is.

it takes people some time to catch on… you’re like the chameleon trend setter.

Boy he should colored up !! He looks awesome Craig..❤️
Interesting thing is when I first put him outside he was very dark. That went on for about 3-4 weeks but he slowly got more comfortable and now this is his normal coloration. When I was first offered him the picture I received was not flattering. He looked dark and rough from importation. I almost passed on him but asked for another picture. When I got the other picture I could see some of his true colors showing through and pulled the trigger on getting him. I also got another male at the who has become another favorite of mine.

Absolutely stunning. You mentioned YLs making a comeback... Are they less available now? Which type of Parsons is most available currently and which ones are least available?
OE have been the most common for years. They have been produced probably at least 10 times. Yellow lips are far less common and as far as I know they have only been produced 3 times in the US, at least that I know of. Yellow Giants have gained a lot of popularity in the last couple years and it seems like that’s the most imported type lately.

I know there are quite a few people sitting on OE eggs. Some from captive breeding and many from WC females. Currently, I don’t know if anyone with YL eggs and as far as YG eggs go, I would think there are probably people with those from WC females but I don’t know if any.

There are currently a few people with several pairs of YG so the future looks pretty good for people to breed and hatch them.

Of course there are always people out there that have stuff going on that we just don’t know about. It seems like especially in the Parsonii world, the majority of keepers keep their collections and breeding projects to themselves until they have babies for sale.

I’ve had Parson’s for 12 years now and during that time there has only been maybe 3-4 new people that have managed to hatch parsons with some degree of success. It’s not always an easy thing to accomplish. Some people get it and some people don’t.
378B628F-668C-41CA-AA8F-3F3A65C796EA.jpeg

Interesting thing is when I first put him outside he was very dark. That went on for about 3-4 weeks but he slowly got more comfortable and now this is his normal coloration. When I was first offered him the picture I received was not flattering. He looked dark and rough from importation. I almost passed on him but asked for another picture. When I got the other picture I could see some of his true colors showing through and pulled the trigger on getting him. I also got another male at the who has become another favorite of mine.
Yes I remember when I saw him his coloration wasn’t that great boy has he come along way !! Just curious did you have to treat for parasites?

Back
Top Bottom