shedding

repsol153

im watching my veiled cham shed for the first time. and i just witnessed him eating some of the shedding that he just dropped. he's only a lil over 2 months old. i guess my question is, is that normal?

im watching my veiled cham shed for the first time. and i just witnessed him eating some of the shedding that he just dropped. he's only a lil over 2 months old. i guess my question is, is that normal?

Yes it is. Some of them will eat it. Some people say its cuz there are good vitamins and stuff in the dead skin, others say its just cuz they enjoy it. Either way, nothing to worry about. if you really dont like him doing it, remove the pieces of skin from his cage.

no i don't mind it. i'll just let him do what he wants to do. but i just wanted to make sure. it's good to talk to other cham lovers with so much knowledge on this website. thanks.

no i don't mind it. i'll just let him do what he wants to do. but i just wanted to make sure. it's good to talk to other cham lovers with so much knowledge on this website. thanks.

Honestly, I just got my first cham about 2 months ago. not even. I just happened to read a thread where someone posted the same question and remembered the response. However, I do enjoy trying to help people when they have questions, especially since sometimes it can take a while for someone to respond, and I know i dont enjoy waiting.
Your cham is about the age of mine. lol, arent they so cute when they are tha small? Mine is almost finished with his second shed.

Honestly, I just got my first cham about 2 months ago. not even. I just happened to read a thread where someone posted the same question and remembered the response. However, I do enjoy trying to help people when they have questions, especially since sometimes it can take a while for someone to respond, and I know i dont enjoy waiting.
Your cham is about the age of mine. lol, arent they so cute when they are tha small? Mine is almost finished with his second shed.

yep, it's unbelievable how small and cute they are. i have had a lot of reptiles when i was younger, and never had a chameleon. i have been reading and studying up on them for a few months now. so i decided last week to finally get one. and so far i am extremely happy with him. definitely my favorite type of reptile species. i'll always be a chameleon lover now. lol

Back
Top Bottom