Shedding

RangosTango

My chameleon just had his first shed since I’ve had him (I got him April 24) and he finished his whole body shed in less than a day except for his tail and it is the next day. Rango is about 4-5 months old I assume by his size. Is there anything I could do to help get his tail shed going a little quicker, because I know it can cause stuck shed which can cause serious problems. Any tips?

It will release when it is ready. You are just ensuring that a cuff does not develop. By cuff I mean a portion of the shed that starts restricting... Kind of like a rubber band.

I have 10 month old panther. His sheds sometimes last as long as three days. Small amounts of shed are allways left on his head between his eyes and on his tail. They are not a problem unless they are looped tightly around a limb. This is very rare. I have been to the vets in the past about his sheds.
You should never try and remove the shed yourself and do not try and suddenly increase the humidity as this will just make it sticky.
Making sure your cham has enough scratching posts to help remove the shed can help.
But I just maintain a high end humidity ( for a panther is 70% ) for my cham as soon as I see his skin turn dull and greyish. His sheds then go with ease.

Okay, thank you guys for letting me know this isn’t as serious as I thought it was yet, if it does cuff I’ll be sure to check back in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom