Shedding won't move

stevenduane

5 or 6 month old " Scuzz " has been fine and normal all day. I have been removed arranging the living room today and went to move some wires around his cage. I usually talk to him and I noticed he seemed to be going to bed early. I noticed he didn't really acknowledge me so I opened his cage he opened his eyes and was following me and I tried to pick him up sometimes he is hesitant others he runs away and sometimes he wants to come out but he had a death grip on his vine and would not move any body part but his eyes and he changed color as though he was angry he just does not seem himself. Could this be just a stage from him shedding? I will keep a close eye on him....any suggestions?

5 or 6 month old " Scuzz " has been fine and normal all day. I have been removed arranging the living room today and went to move some wires around his cage. I usually talk to him and I noticed he seemed to be going to bed early. I noticed he didn't really acknowledge me so I opened his cage he opened his eyes and was following me and I tried to pick him up sometimes he is hesitant others he runs away and sometimes he wants to come out but he had a death grip on his vine and would not move any body part but his eyes and he changed color as though he was angry he just does not seem himself. Could this be just a stage from him shedding? I will keep a close eye on him....any suggestions?
He also has a ficus tree and has been eating a couple leaves now and again

Sorry no one replied to your question yesterday. Go ahead and fill out this:

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

I am learning myself, but maybe we can get some info from your setup and care. How is he today? Hopefully doing better!

I think he was just feeling a little embarrassed because he didn't look the greatest almost like how you feel when you drank a lot too much the night before. Last night I put him in a small terrarium with the fogger on for about an hour next thing you know he was ripping his old skin off just like when Popeye ate a can of spinnach...he is about 90% right now just getting rid of the last pieces of she'd so I have a feeling he is going to be like this every time it's time for a new look

I think he was just feeling a little embarrassed because he didn't look the greatest almost like how you feel when you drank a lot too much the night before. Last night I put him in a small terrarium with the fogger on for about an hour next thing you know he was ripping his old skin off just like when Popeye ate a can of spinnach...he is about 90% right now just getting rid of the last pieces of she'd so I have a feeling he is going to be like this every time it's time for a new look

That is great news!

Back
Top Bottom