shedding too long

kaleymorgan

I just upgraded from a large ReptiBreeze screen cage to a 4x4x2 Dragonstrand. I have a 22” t5h0 light and a basking bulb. I usually keep food in the cage for him to eat every couple days when he’s hungry. I get crickets, super worms, and wax worms 1x week dusted with calcium without D3. I have all live plants and several vines and ropes for climbing. My cham is about 10-11 months old.

He normally sheds once a month but since i put him in his new cage a few weeks ago he hasn’t stopped shedding and isn’t drinking water like he used to. Is it the stress from the new cage? I’m getting worried for my little dude. He’s less active than normal too. Not showing any signs of MBD or any other sickness. Other than the shedding he is looking fine but he is a lot lazier than he used to be and will shed for a few days and then stop and then start shedding again. Does anyone know what it could be?

Welcome here! Are you planning on getting a 4' T5 HO fixture and bulb? Do you use any other supplements? If you could fill out this form in as much detail as possible, including pics of your cham, his entire cage, and his lights, please?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom