Shedding questions

Eshelton3

Is it normal for chameleons to be thirstier while they shedding? I noticed my girl because comes more thirstier than normal when she’s sheds and eats a little less. Also how often do they typically shed?

Shedding depends on growth and where they are in age... Very normal for them to curb back on food during shed. I have never noticed a difference in drinking behavior. Maybe your just noticing it more since your paying attention to the shedding progression.

Shedding depends on growth and where they are in age... Very normal for them to curb back on food during shed. I have never noticed a difference in drinking behavior. Maybe your just noticing it more since your paying attention to the shedding progression.
I kind of just figured all her scratching from trying to get it off and not really eating could cause her to be thirsty. But like you said I’ve just been watching her more just to look at the shedding process

They're all different, but shedding is (or seems) an uncomfortable biological process at best.
Fresh shed has some moisture content, which is no longer part of the cham, so it makes sense some may try to replenish what shedding depletes.

1643558574805.png

They're all different, but shedding is (or seems) an uncomfortable biological process at best.
Fresh shed has some moisture content, which is no longer part of the cham, so it makes sense some may try to replenish what shedding depletes.

View attachment 319176
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Plus When I was observing her she seem to be moving an awful lot rubbing against things trying to get it off. She definitely seemed a little bit more active than usual so I just kind of assumed made her more thirsty. Kind of like a workout I suppose

Back
Top Bottom