Shedding Curiosity...

Hey guys, been a while since I last posted. Anyway I am rather curious about shedding as of late because Pascal is having his first shed in my care! This is not his first shed I have seen by any means this is just this first that I have been with him the whole shed and get to see it from start to finish. So right now he is only shedding on his casque, and I guess my curiosity comes in at will he just shed his casque this time or can I expect the rest of him to start shedding as well. He seems to be in very good health right now and is eating and drinking, the whole shabang. Merely wondering about everyone else's experiences and opinions about the process.

Anywho! Thanks for taking the time to read and perhaps reply ;)

Right now my panther is in the middle of a shed, it's taking him a week so far. He started with his tail now each of his feet are in the middle of it. Now I'm just waiting for the rest of him.

My veiled cham is in the middle of his shed. he is shedding in the middle of his body right now. and my ball python is in shed at the same time. lol. its crazy at my place with over 45 animals to take care of. i love it though.

My veiled cham is in the middle of his shed. he is shedding in the middle of his body right now. and my ball python is in shed at the same time. lol. its crazy at my place with over 45 animals to take care of. i love it though.
45?! Geez that's amazing, I wouldn't know where to put that many...well I would find a way but still haha. By the way, your username wouldn't happen to be influenced by the Underworld series would it :p

Right now my panther is in the middle of a shed, it's taking him a week so far. He started with his tail now each of his feet are in the middle of it. Now I'm just waiting for the rest of him.
Yeah he has been shedding his casque now for about two days, it looks like he may start shedding on his head soon too, the waiting is so painful. I have been wanting to take Pascal outside since its been so nice but this shed has made him grumpy haha. Can't blame him, if I wa sleeping skin that took a bit to come off I would be grumpy too :rolleyes:

Yes, sometimes they will just shed in parts, rather than their whole body.
Ah, I see. Is there any patterns to what they may shed after a piece starts or will they take time between shedding parts then shed another randomly?

By the way, your username wouldn't happen to be influenced by the Underworld series would it :p

SSSSHHHH!!! if my kid hears anything about underworld or selena, I'll have to watch it again. Don't get me wrong, LOVE IT. But I need a break. How many times must I watch Underworld or Resident Evil movies? Great movies with beautiful female leads, but right now, I'll watch Pokémon if given the chance! Quick question... How do you get those franchises perfect and screw up Silent Hill??? Anyone?

SSSSHHHH!!! if my kid hears anything about underworld or selena, I'll have to watch it again. Don't get me wrong, LOVE IT. But I need a break. How many times must I watch Underworld or Resident Evil movies? Great movies with beautiful female leads, but right now, I'll watch Pokémon if given the chance! Quick question... How do you get those franchises perfect and screw up Silent Hill??? Anyone?

Haha it is a great series, but breaks are definitely needed :) and quite the range of series, go from underworld or resident evil to pokemon haha. I commend you for being diverse. As for the question I don't know, it happens I guess.

That's strange for a panther. Mine always do a full body explosion. It looks really funny for an hour or two.

It depends on the age of the cham.
Babies have whole body sheds every few weeks, and it happens fast.
As they age, they shed in patches, and it can take several days or weeks to complete.

Make your RH is high, that will help him shed, plenty of food and water.

I feed my older guyz nice fat silkies when they are in a shed.
It gives them some extra fluid.

Funny you should mention this now :)

Our 8 month old blue bar panther just did a head/neck shed about a week ago. Then nothing.

Today his spine area "cracked open" so to speak, and he's peeling downwards from there, EXCEPT for the head neck area which already completed.

This is his second shed in my care (3 months or so) and different from the first one.

I'm 99.9% sure theres nothing at all to worry about. He goes off his food for a day or two, and I quadruple his misting schedule to help him out, but yes, it does look strange :)

It depends on the age of the cham.
Babies have whole body sheds every few weeks, and it happens fast.
As they age, they shed in patches, and it can take several days or weeks to complete.

Make your RH is high, that will help him shed, plenty of food and water.

I feed my older guyz nice fat silkies when they are in a shed.
It gives them some extra fluid.

He is around a year or so I am guessing but since he was a pet store 'baby' that we got from some one else we have no idea what his age is haha

I have been misting him and his enclosure often with warm water and also been feeding him more so he should be okay. Thanks for the tips!

I wish I had silks to give him but my supplier was out, need to call soon and reserve some xD but he has been getting fairly big hornworms :)

Funny you should mention this now :)

Our 8 month old blue bar panther just did a head/neck shed about a week ago. Then nothing.

Today his spine area "cracked open" so to speak, and he's peeling downwards from there, EXCEPT for the head neck area which already completed.

This is his second shed in my care (3 months or so) and different from the first one.

I'm 99.9% sure theres nothing at all to worry about. He goes off his food for a day or two, and I quadruple his misting schedule to help him out, but yes, it does look strange :)

Yeah he has been shedding for near a week now and just started on his head not to long ago. When I discovered he was shedding on his face I found him with a 'mustache' haha. It was entertaining. Thank you so much for your input, I was wondering if he may start his body after a bit. That answered my question :)

Back
Top Bottom