Shed stuck to head?

Ossian

Hi guys,
This is my first post on here and was just wondering if I could get some advice on my juvenile veiled chameleon. He had his first shed since I’ve had him about two days ago but there is still a whole layer stuck to his head? I’m not too worried as of right now but as it’s been nearly two days, I’m slightly concerned about the discomfort it might be causing him as well as the fact I’ve read stuck shed can cut circulation. There is no shed on his eyes at the moment but he doesn’t seem to be trying to rub it off at all, unlike before when he was shedding the full layer of skin off his body. Should I be concerned as I’ve heard shedding can take from a few minutes up to a day?

Attachments

• 879372E9-3BF2-45FE-AB9E-D95459A91B7B.jpeg
    879372E9-3BF2-45FE-AB9E-D95459A91B7B.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 159
That happens every now and then. It is still early too so it will most likely fall off in a couple of days. If it persists then you can try increasing the humidity and mist more frequently, sometimes that helps. What are your normal humidity levels in the day and night?

Also as they grow up they start shedding sections of their body off at a time. So don't be alarmed if you only see his head shed and nothing else for a while. As someone else said you don't have to do anything. My guy had some shed skin stuck to his forehead for a good 2 months. I guess it never bothered him, so he never tried taking it off. It was basically a little hat on him. Then one day it was just off, ig he got bored of that look and finally decided to ditch it.

Hi guys,
This is my first post on here and was just wondering if I could get some advice on my juvenile veiled chameleon. He had his first shed since I’ve had him about two days ago but there is still a whole layer stuck to his head? I’m not too worried as of right now but as it’s been nearly two days, I’m slightly concerned about the discomfort it might be causing him as well as the fact I’ve read stuck shed can cut circulation. There is no shed on his eyes at the moment but he doesn’t seem to be trying to rub it off at all, unlike before when he was shedding the full layer of skin off his body. Should I be concerned as I’ve heard shedding can take from a few minutes up to a day?
You might add a few smaller branches for baby. That large one may not be working to get the right angle to rub it off.... Also if the shed got wet it will stick to the skin and this can take a little bit longer to release.

Have you gotten any pics of babies back feet? I was trying to see in your other thread as well. From the angle of the pics you may have a female. I can't see a tarsal spur.

Also your going to want to make sure the soil in your plants is covered with rocks... It won't take long for baby to start trying to eat it which can be an impaction risk.

Back
Top Bottom