She won't eat out of our feeding tongs anymore.

SxHLegend

My veiled doesn't seem to like to eat from tweasers or tongs anymore. She will eat if we have a few crickets or supers roaming in her cage but I was hoping I could hand feed her so she wouldn't hiss at me anymore.

She used to eat right from the tweasers, she also hates being moved from her cage it seems. She is kind of changing what she likes and dislikes it's a little funny. One day she will run over to get a bath when my girlfriend and I mist and the next she hides from the bottle.

I was thinking this was due to her getting into her bigger cage maybe? I even filled it more with climbing branches and vines. I thought this would make her happier and in turn more tolerant of our handling.

I try not to handle her at all if I don't have to but it is really hard to clean her cage if she hisses and lunges at me when I try to get her out.

Why do you feel the need to have her eat out of the tongs? Why not just toss the feeders in and let her hunt them down?

Try cleaning around her...she'll move away from you.

Well I don't need her to but I was hoping she would so she can get used to me more.

I try to clean around her but she gets her stress colors if I get close while I'm cleaning. When we can get her out she is fine roaming around for a little, she seemed to be at least.

I just want it to be easier to clean her cage without scaring or stressing her to much. She has lunged a few times when I try to clean.

It is very common at 6 months old for them to go through their "teenager" changes. Especially female veileds IMO :eek:;)

It is very common at 6 months old for them to go through their "teenager" changes. Especially female veileds IMO :eek:;)

Thanks! hahah as long as she continues to eat I guess I'll just have to clean very slowly and quietly as not to disturb her =p

You could put a plant outside the cage and let her crawl onto it and free range on the tree while you clean her cage. She will likely be much less territorial once she comes out :)

Back
Top Bottom