She passed away:(

hayden

So I bought a senegal chameleon at a local pet store (I ordered it).
One came in sick... Terrible shedding.
So I went with the healthiest hoping she stood a chance. Was very active the first week. A big explorer when I took her out of the cage. Then... She began to start closing her eyes. Watched her drink water. Never saw her eat but crickets were disappearing so I saw it as a good sign. Attempted cup feeding, didn't work. All temperatures were good, day and night. Humidity was great. Gave her small extra doses of vitamins and d3 during the week(mixed it with the calcium). But continued to just do every other weekend. I began to find her at the bottom of the cage(pitch black) brought her back up to the top then she was up high the rest of the day. Took her outside when it was 80 degrees to give her some real sunlight. Tested for parasites, nothing. It's sad when you try everything you can but still fail in the end. Great chameleon, and in a paradise now full of trees and a bunch of goodies to eat. RIP "Little one","Babi".

Sorry to hear. Dont give up on chameleons. Starting with wild caughts can be a frustrating thing but if you want to learn from mistakes you will gain experience/knowledge ten fold.

It sounds like she is one of those that do not do well in a captive environment. They literally shut down, no matter your efforts.

Sorry to hear. Dont give up on chameleons. Starting with wild caughts can be a frustrating thing but if you want to learn from mistakes you will gain experience/knowledge ten fold.

It sounds like she is one of those that do not do well in a captive environment. They literally shut down, no matter your efforts.

I second this. I could not imagine starting off with a wild caught...

Oh I have a veiled chameleon. He's in perfect health. Had him since two months old and he's about 8-9 now. Not my first chameleon. Might get a giant Madagascar chameleon later on down the road

Back
Top Bottom