She keeps bruising herself.

Tinydino

Avid Member
I've posted before about my female veileds crazy behaviour since she started with receptive colours. (13 days now)
Her day is spent between basking and pacing.
She is not overly interested in food. But will eat 1 or 2 crickets a day now.

She has me really concerned that she is hurting herself in her crazy pacing.

I don't even know what she does to cause it.
I've tried watching from across the the room. She basks for awhile and then does this fast trip to the bottom. Climbs between the flower pots on the floor. Then back up the other side.

This is her right now when I looked in on her.
What can I do for her?
The last picture is what she looked like earlier.

Attachments

• 20210109_153904.jpg
    20210109_153904.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210109_153915.jpg
    20210109_153915.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210109_111904.jpg
    20210109_111904.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 107
Poor girl. Not really sure there’s much you can do except make sure anything sharp or protruding is removed. Make sure she has plenty of stable things to climb on her treks to the bottom and back up.

I don't have specific experience with the ladies, but I've read they can be funny about laying if they don't think they have enough privacy. Maybe try putting some of the plants around the laybin to provide some coverage? Just a guess.

I don't have specific experience with the ladies, but I've read they can be funny about laying if they don't think they have enough privacy. Maybe try putting some of the plants around the laybin to provide some coverage? Just a guess.
There were plants. A small fuchsia, a spider plant and a pothos.
She murdered them the last 2 weeks.
I don't have anything suitable to replace them with at the moment. Everything is just cuttings that I started a month ago to add later.
We are in lockdown right now. No non essential shopping.
I will maybe put a call out to family and friends for plant donations

Maybe move the green pot over a little?
Other than that, I think I've heard of people wrapping the outside of the cage in a blanket or hanging fake vines on the outside of the cage. @MissSkittles knows more than me on this subject though.

I do have a blanket thats set aside to hang as she gets closer to laying.
The green pot is too wide to put in front of the laybin. I will see if I can find something that will fit there.
I could probably take a cut a branch from my giant jade plant and pot it up for the time being.
I've avoided Jade for her enclosure before because shes a plant eater and I read Jade has lot of water and can cause wet poops.

I do have a blanket thats set aside to hang as she gets closer to laying.
The green pot is too wide to put in front of the laybin. I will see if I can find something that will fit there.
I could probably take a cut a branch from my giant jade plant and pot it up for the time being.
I've avoided Jade for her enclosure before because shes a plant eater and I read Jade has lot of water and can cause wet poops.
Oh yeah I wouldn't put anything in there that wouldn't be good for her. I was just throwing some ideas out there. Maybe a more experienced person can chime in and offer more advice.

The only thing that I really see that could be banging her up like that is the plant stand that you have in the lay bin...the open ends of the pattern coils. I’d try removing that and see if it makes any difference. Also, it’s probably not a great idea to have it sitting on her lay bin as when she starts digging, the soil will shift and the weight of the stand and plant are going to shift too. Also, she really needs many more branches/vines. All of that space in the back between the plants, going from floor to basking area, etc...all need some more little cham roads. If you can get another pothos for the top left corner, that would be awesome. I know Covid has everything a mess...here’s one possible solution. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YEB52/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only thing that I really see that could be banging her up like that is the plant stand that you have in the lay bin...the open ends of the pattern coils. I’d try removing that and see if it makes any difference. Also, it’s probably not a great idea to have it sitting on her lay bin as when she starts digging, the soil will shift and the weight of the stand and plant are going to shift too. Also, she really needs many more branches/vines. All of that space in the back between the plants, going from floor to basking area, etc...all need some more little cham roads. If you can get another pothos for the top left corner, that would be awesome. I know Covid has everything a mess...here’s one possible solution. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YEB52/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
She hasnt been using the plant stand.
I actually added the stand before the soil so its sitting on the bottom of the tub.
I've seen her climbing between the pots on the floor a lot though. Its part of her circuit.
I just ordered the bend a branch.
Im kinda jealous of those american prices though.
Mine came to $14 before tax.
I will head out in the snow tomorrow and try to find a couple more piece of grape vine for her.
I haven't wanted to mess with her enclosure much with her acting out. I was worried I would stress her more.
Its definitely not her usual behavior.

Hi, she looks great, if you are home with her try to let her explore and open the cage or a plant I have 2 that enjoy this and will step on my hand and 3 that stay in the same spots and don't move much, but all of them love bug hunting time.

She hasnt been using the plant stand.
I actually added the stand before the soil so its sitting on the bottom of the tub.
I've seen her climbing between the pots on the floor a lot though. Its part of her circuit.
I just ordered the bend a branch.
Im kinda jealous of those american prices though.
Mine came to $14 before tax.
I will head out in the snow tomorrow and try to find a couple more piece of grape vine for her.
I haven't wanted to mess with her enclosure much with her acting out. I was worried I would stress her more.
Its definitely not her usual behavior.
Also it does look empty in the left cor
It does look empty in that left corner. But she does have a horizontal branch that runs tonthe corner behind the money tree. It has an intersecting vine. It makes up her basking spot.
If i put a pothos back there. Could it be below that?
I don't want to give her too much access to the ceiling. I have her light raised off the mesh but... shes crazy.

Hi, she looks great, if you are home with her try to let her explore and open the cage or a plant I have 2 that enjoy this and will step on my hand and 3 that stay in the same spots and don't move much, but all of them love bug hunting time.
Out of cage time is not a problem. She loves it.
She has a whole bay window jungle of her very own.
She happily walks out onto my hand every afternoon for jungles time.

She usually loves eating/hunting. But hasnt been eating much.
She has about 6 black soldier flies buzzing around in there with her and shes been ignoring them.

Attachments

• 20210106_163309.jpg
    20210106_163309.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom