She is in Chameleon Heaven now... :(

zsazsa85

Established Member
:(
I don't know how to start.. Gerzsild was my first cham. I ordered a male but accidentally got a female. She was happy and healthy. She had respiratory inf. once and fell off the branch 3 times in a row when she was a baby so couldn't use her tongue properly. But she was always a little pig and let me say: the friendliest little creature in the world!
For 5-6 month we couldn't decide she is a boy or a girl. Neither could the forum here. But In March when I came back after 5 days she showed her amazing colours and turned out she is a her for sure. And that's when every nightmare started: the eggs.
I read every day about chams and educate myself. We provided everything we could but it seems that wasn't enough. She was perfectly fine until about 1.5 week ago. She started to scratch the background so we figured she doesn't like her laying bin. Thank to Jannb's advice, we put her in a big garbage can and started to dig. I was extremely happy and excited. Well finally after 2 days she came out, covered the hole. I was glad she is done but there was a huge problem: she was still big, I could see the eggs bulging out.
Last week was a nightmare: five times at the vet, 4 oxytocin shots and didn't work. They don't do surgery here so I had a feeling that I'm going to loose her.
And it happened this morning around 5...My husband woke me up that she is moving around. I turned the lights on, I looked at her and I knew...
It is terrible. I knew it won't be easy, I am always very attached to my pets.
I don't know I will be able to have another one, my heart breakes every single time I loose one.
She made me think about being a vet technician so I think I am going to do it as soon as I can. I am so very thankful for her being such a good girl and wonderful creature. And thank to all of you to help me when I needed advice!

I'm so sorry to hear about your girl. I was following your thread while she was in the garbage can and getting shots and was rooting for her. May she rest in peace!

Back
Top Bottom