She HATES the renovation 😞

Shanar808

Avid Member
I did a little rearranging in my chameleons enclosure because my pothos was on the bottom and growing a lot so I raised it closer to the top and it looks great, but she doesn’t like it at all. She usually walks everywhere but now it’s like I put an alien in there! 🥺 I had to move her to the basking branch myself. Should I move it back down? Or just wait it out? Any suggestions would be appreciated! 🙏

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 65
I did a little rearranging in my chameleons enclosure because my pothos was on the bottom and growing a lot so I raised it closer to the top and it looks great, but she doesn’t like it at all. She usually walks everywhere but now it’s like I put an alien in there! 🥺 I had to move her to the basking branch myself. Should I move it back down? Or just wait it out? Any suggestions would be appreciated! 🙏
Leave it. This is a normal reaction. Her "tree" is now totally different and she is trying to figure it out and if she is safe. It can take a few days to a week or so for them to adjust.

Ok I’ll wait a couple weeks and if she’s still annoyed I’ll move it back down and try trailing it upward 😔 I just thought that she’d be happy with the added coverage and possible climbing vines, and I was trying to position the pothos under the dripper since I almost NEVER see her drinking, but I guess that’s to be expected with naturalistic hydration. Thanks everybody 🙏

Ok I’ll wait a couple weeks and if she’s still annoyed I’ll move it back down and try trailing it upward 😔 I just thought that she’d be happy with the added coverage and possible climbing vines, and I was trying to position the pothos under the dripper since I almost NEVER see her drinking, but I guess that’s to be expected with naturalistic hydration. Thanks everybody 🙏
She will be fine... Let her be stubborn and you be the parent that puts their foot down because it is better for her. :p

Think of it this way... It is the human equivalent to you walking in the other room but someone has moved around your furniture and nothing is where it should be... It is totally confusing and does not make sense.

That is all it is for her. It was one way yesterday and now her paths have changed.

Thank you!🥰 I really wanted to do more in there (like adding another vine or branch and taking out the fake vine in the back) but her reaction makes me a bit hesitant to give her anymore to stress about. I was also able to remove every twist tie I had used and changed to clean cut zip ties, which also made for different pathways so added stress😔 but overall will be better for her.

It took a while but she’s starting her normal climbing activity 😍 it’s much harder for me to find her but I know that’s good thing. I’m soo excited to see her happy and good plant growth. My luck with plants hasn’t been great but this pothos makes me feel like I might actually get something to live more than a month 🥳

I really wanted to do more in there (like adding another vine or branch and taking out the fake vine in the back) but her reaction makes me a bit hesitant to give her anymore to stress about. I was also able to remove every twist tie I had used and changed to clean cut zip ties, which also made for different pathways so added stress😔 but overall will be better for her.
I wouldn't stress too much over her stressing—it could be stressful! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously... Over time, stuff's going to happen, changes and/or adjustments will have to be made, and stressing over them isn't going to be constructive. IMO, this stuff is better treated matter-of-factly or hesitancy could turn into paralysis. Go ahead and make your modifications. ;)

Back
Top Bottom