- Your Chameleon - Carpet chameleon (furcifer lateralis) , female, not sure of age as she's wildcaught. Had her since march 1st 2018
- Handling - Only twice so far. Once to put her in her cage and once to move her to a garbage can laying bin.
- Feeding - Mostly small crickets so far. About 8 every other day. Also gave her some BSFL a few days ago instead of crickets. Crickets are gutload with a home made sry gutload and repashy superfood.
- Supplements - zoo med Repti calcium most feedings. Zoo med repti calcium with d3 twice a month ( done twice so far). Herptivite multivitamin twice a month ( done once so far)
- Watering - mistking auto mister. On at 7:00 am for 10 mins. 10:00 am for 5 mins. 12:00pm for 10 mins. And 2:30 pm for 5 mins.
- Fecal Description - brown with white urates. Has not been tested for parasites.
- History - got her march 1st as a wild caught from an importer.
- Cage Type - 16x16x30 reptibreeze
- Lighting - 40 watt whit household basking bulb. Repti sun 10.0 uvb tube. On at 6:15 am off at 6:30 pm
- Temperature - ambient 70-75 basking 83-85. overnight 60-65. measured with prob thermometers and checked with inferred laser.
- Humidity - 50-75%
- Plants - 1 pothos plants and the rest are fake for now.
- Placement - cage is in my bedroom. Very low traffic. No air vents or fans. About 5 1/2 feet off floor to top of cage.
- Location - Ontario, Canada.
Current Problem - when I got nala I knew she was gravid so I have been leaving her alone. Yesterday I went to take a quick peek and check on her and I noticed that she had dropped 4 eggs in her cage. 2 on the floor and 2 on top of her laying bin. I immediately started freaking out because she didn't even try and dig a hole just dropped them. So I setup a big garbage can as a laying bin and put her in it with her lights on top and sticks to climb up on and dug a test hole to see if she would use it. I also put my webcam above it so I can monitor what she is doing. I have made a vet appointment but the earliest time they have is Wednesday at 1:30. About an hour and a half ago I check the camera and there was another egg laying on top of the sand. I don't know why she isn't digging and laying but I'm guessing it's stress from importation and acclimation. I don't know what to do. Will she be ok until Wednesday?