Shaky veiled chameleon

Chewybahama

I've owned my juvinal chameleon for only a couple of days and I noticed some weird shaking. Her hands start trembling when reaching out to leaves, It doesn't happen all the time. I've filled out the form and corrected all my husbandry , I have the correct lightings , and correct dusting schedule of crickets. I have the correct humidity and heat temps as well. The best way to describe the shaking is it's similar to when we drink too much coffee and our hands start to have a small tremble. It's not her whole body, just her hands. Like I said she doesn't do this all the time. Could it be because she is scared? or is this an early sign of mbd?( The trembling was at it's worst while I was adding more plants to her cage and she was trying them out for the first time) The store never dusted her crickets, but like I said they are now. She's not shaking anymore but was this morning. Her bones look fine and her strength seems good. .. opinions please

Chameleons naturally have shaky walks and do this to mimic a leaf to avoid being detected by predators. Trying to figure out if that could be it...

It's a bit more gittery though, very small hand trembling, I'd describe the video more like hand shaking... It will happen for the whole time she's extending her arm out to grab a leaf but stops as soon as she grabs onto it.

I've been watching her litterally all day trying to get a video, she hasn't done it since this morning. Except just now when she crawled on the top cover screen where the lights sit on top , I took her down easily because I'm afraid of her burning her feet if she walks directly under the heat lamp, and when I put her back down onto the plant she did the trembling thing again only for like 5 seconds.

Some times shaky hands is a sign of mbd. Both my chameleons had shaky hands when I got them and after blood work is was reveled they both were low on calcium. It took awhile for a shaky hands to stop but eventually it stopped. I’m not saying this is what’s wrong with your chameleon just a possible reason for the shaky hands. Only a vet can diagnose mbd because there is lots of typos and levels of severity

I know you mentioned you have the correct lighting, dusting, ect but can you give us specifics?

UVB bulb type and strength? Lighting schedule? Basking temp?
Supplements dusted on feeders? Dusting schedule for each supplement?

Back
Top Bottom