Shaking, looks like he is hurt

King4Zerg

Hi, my veiled chameleon just shed two days ago and ever since he has been shaking and he looks weak. What should I do? Did he shed to early? Also I've noticed he has been in the shade and on branches a lot more usually he is in green area and under the bulb.

Hi, I have never heard of shedding too early, but I don't think that is an issue here. Could you post a picture of your chameleon from today? It may show something that could be an issue. Also, a picture of the enclosure (assuming not free-ranged) and also if you could fill out the questions here...

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
You can just copy and paste the above into your next post and give as much detail as you can.

Chameleon Info:

· Your Chameleon – Male, veiled, age unknown, he has shed for the 3th time so around nine or ten weeks old.

· Handling – He used to climb right on me at first then he got territorial and will hiss and snap when I put my hand in there.

· Feeding – Crickets mostly sometimes superworms if he eats them(he will eat superworms every little bit. Five to ten sometimes more a day, worms it would be 1 a day I haven’t put one in there for a bit though. Everyday until he gets 5-6months old. I feed my crickets with Flukers Orange Cubes, my worms I just give them veggies and the oat-meal that they burrow in, also I give them water gel.

· Supplements – I dust my crickets with zoo-med Repi-calcium without D3, and I use rep-cal Herptivite multivitamins. I use the calcium every time I feed during the week but Sunday I use herptivite.

· Watering – I spray down filtered water from a Mist’r lizard JR. I spray everything twice a day. No I’ve never seen Him drink

· Fecal Description – His poop is mostly white some black and there might be yellow or it’s just old in some places. No He has not been tested for parasites.

· History – No he was born in a breeder shop and was with all his brothers and sisters when I got him.

Cage Info:

· Cage Type – My cage is a screen medium Zoo-Med cage.

· Lighting – I use a mercury bulb. I keep it on all day until I go to bed.

· Temperature – The lowest stop he goes is usually 89-91 degrees. I don’t know that one sorry. I use a small thermometer from Zoo-Med.

· Humidity – I don’t know my humidity. I have a small thermometer and humidity thing but it kept falling down so I took it out.

· Plants – No I don’t use any.

· Placement – I have one fan in my room and I turn it on at night I put a towel over the cage to keep it warm during night. My cage is on the floor in a corner.

· Location – I am in Flordia, I am above the Tropic of Cancer.

Current Problem – I think he shed to early.

I will send in pictures in a bit

clip_image001.jpg

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image003.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

clip_image005.jpg

Here he is, and my cage. sorry if you hurt your neck looking at these I'm not that good at taking pictures

Attachments

• Cham.jpg
    Cham.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 71
  • charm.jpg
    charm.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Dehakaaaaa.jpg
    Dehakaaaaa.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 69
  • places.jpg
    places.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 65
  • places22.jpg
    places22.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 83
  • kkkkk.jpg
    kkkkk.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 101
Use the calcium with D3 twice a month just like your vitamins. Keep it simple I do D3 and vitamins on the 1st and 15th of every month.

The MVB you have does produce UVB light but defanitly isn’t ideal. Check out Lightyourreptiles.com. I just bought their biggest 48” quad fixture.

Use the calcium with D3 twice a month just like your vitamins. Keep it simple I do D3 and vitamins on the 1st and 15th of every month.

The MVB you have does produce UVB light but defanitly isn’t ideal. Check out Lightyourreptiles.com. I just bought their biggest 48” quad fixture.
Ok thanks

Here are some more photos

Attachments

• E0FFC029-E08B-43A1-B056-D7DE62B2FC49.jpeg
    E0FFC029-E08B-43A1-B056-D7DE62B2FC49.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 2D992DC8-CE72-490B-9497-903E5AA0EEF1.jpeg
    2D992DC8-CE72-490B-9497-903E5AA0EEF1.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 679E66BB-F5DA-44A3-B452-C921F2835B3B.jpeg
    679E66BB-F5DA-44A3-B452-C921F2835B3B.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 73
Few more things that need to changed...

Pick the viv up off the floor, put it up in the room as high as you can and still be able to reach the top. To a Cham height = security.

Ditch the Fluker cricket food and water crystals, both worthless. Buy Cricket Crack from Amazon and mix the crack with a bit of water, just enough to make it slightly thinner than peanut butter.

Few more things that need to changed...

Pick the viv up off the floor, put it up in the room as high as you can and still be able to reach the top. To a Cham height = security.

Ditch the Fluker cricket food and water crystals, both worthless. Buy Cricket Crack from Amazon and mix the crack with a bit of water, just enough to make it slightly thinner than peanut butter.
Thanks a lot, The only prob is I need to get him out if I move the viv He hates me he used to want to come out but he won't he snaps and hiss' when I put my hand in there.

If you want to get him UVB right now you can take his entire cage without the lights outside in an area of partial shade and sun for an hour or so. Don't let him overheat. This will help even if it is overcast outside. Then as suggested get him is first dose of calcium with D3 in his next feeding and begin a regular schedule.

Back
Top Bottom