Sexing panthers is confusing!

Raphael1047

Established Member
I am having a difficult time sexing my panther babies. One second he looks female and the next second male. The hemipenal bulge can get a little tricky. I keep second guessing myself. I know to look right after the vent for the bulge. here is a picture of one can you tell me the sex and how you came to that. Also if you can save the picture and draw in a photo editor the part where the bulge is. I know this can be seen in other threads and i read almost all of them and still confused.

I can get more pictures if needed.

Not the greatest of pics, but I think I see a pretty good-sized bulge. I'm on my phone, so I can't draw the circle.

I zoomed in on what I see as a bulge.
ygujeba9.jpg

From the picture it Looks male to me

If you haven't seen this picture it should help you out.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/still-trying-figure-out-if-male-female-111067/#post1006195
Thanks for the link I have not seen this thread before.

Not the greatest of pics, but I think I see a pretty good-sized bulge. I'm on my phone, so I can't draw the circle.
Sorry took it with my phone and flash was on, anyway thank you. I thought he was a male, but i kept doubting it. I will take a few more pictures.

Here, this should help (hopefully)

rc3l.jpg

Yes this helps alot. I found that i barely have any females. I was expecting more females. Thanks Olimpia, also just wanted to say I love your blog I was thinking of doing the drainage table. It looks good way better than my current setup.

You're very welcome. And thanks! I loved my last set-up, with the shelves from Lowe's. Another member actually copied the idea and re-did his entire reptile room with the same shelves, and a couple others have said they were going to as well and I hope so, those shelves have been great. And with the storage, my reptile room has never looked neater. lol

Back
Top Bottom