Sexing Panther

I would like some additional photos but with just this one I would be leaning towards a female. A few more photos may let me give you a 100% for sure answer.:)

Thanks Cain, hugely appreciated.

Any particular angle? I know the focus is on the tail base area.

He/she has a red throat when displaying if that makes a difference?

Thanks for the continued comms. This is her with her tail stretched.

Will take some shots on a decent camera tomorrow :)
edit

Thanks Cain, hugely appreciated.

Any particular angle? I know the focus is on the tail base area.

He/she has a red throat when displaying if that makes a difference?

That angle is good. It seems like maybe a little color is coming in but its hard to tell in the photo and its not really a determining factor. I just like quite a few pics so I can give a better answer. Def no noticeable bulge on it but I like to try and base my opinion off of a couple aspects.

Good afternoon all,

Again, I really appreciate your advice here

Took a few shots this morning but Digit (his/her name!) didn't appreciate us poking a lens around. Photos can be found at the URL below, the first shows the underside of the tail/vent:

http://s912.beta.photobucket.com/user/dhughes1986/library/Digit

If you feel any additional angles would be beneficial, I can plug the telephoto lens in and shoot from distance.

Colour varies. Most of the time Digit is a light grey/brown with darker barring and red/green flecks.

Again, the throat is red.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Yes, you have a female there. No hemipenal bulge and typical coloration of a female. Actually, really nice coloration. She is sure to be a looker!

Hi all, Digit shed today and is showing more red. This can he seen in females too I assume?

i am due to pick up a male this weekend. What am looking for in a hemi penal bulge?!

All the best, David

Back
Top Bottom