Sexing Nosy Be Help Please

Fofo26

Hi there.
I've just get a "male nosy be" but I'm not even sure if it's a nosy be at all, you will see in the pics looks its covered with red dots, nosy be is suposed to be light blue right?.
The breeder didn't even tell me the age of it.
Today is my 30th day with it. Was a Xmass gift for my girlfriend. I sized it and was like 3in from head to tail. Today, 1 month after its 5in. Long 2.5each body and tail.
I know its really difficult with size determine an age but if you can help me with an approx it will really help me.
I would also like to know if its a he or a she. Hope to be a him.
Thanks a lot for taking you time guys.
Appreciate

Attachments

• 20170124_141721.jpg
    20170124_141721.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20170124_141702.jpg
    20170124_141702.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20170124_141647.jpg
    20170124_141647.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 20170123_141603.jpg
    20170123_141603.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 150
Nosy Be often have red mixed in with blue! Breeders have for quite some time done selective breeding to get more blue and less of other colors. A lot of wild caught (most of them as a matter of fact) Nosy Be have quite a bit of red! Nosy Be's withsome red is making a comeback and gaining popularity!

I do feel that your baby how ever is a female. The color scheme it displays is typical for Nosy Be females.

Take a quick look at the three sires of the babies that Nick Henn has for sale in the market section of this forum! Two of the sires have some red. Look at the neon green of the one! They are all beautiful Nosy Be's!

Take a quick look at the three sires of the babies that Nick Henn has for sale in the market section of this forum! Two of the sires have some red. Look at the neon green of the one! They are all beautiful Nosy Be's!

Ooo nice. Thanks I will take a look. And maybe I buy the male there, thanks a lot.

@Fofo26 Matt is correct with his statements above. You have a little female that could very well be a Nosy Be but it is almost impossible to tell for sure with females as they don't show all the colors of a male. At that size and since you had her for a month I would guess she is right around the 4 month mark. She could be older or younger by a month as each one will grow differently but I think 4 months would be a good guess.

As Matt said I just posted some classified ads for a few of our current Nosy Be's earlier today. You can see some of the range that a Nosy Be can have but the overall color scheme will be mostly blue for males and the females will keep more of the tan, orange and pink coloration same as the other locales.

I don't have any images of the younger males that are available shown but if you would happen to be interested in anything or would like to see some of them please feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] or even shoot me a text / call at (610) 812-7479

Back
Top Bottom