Sex of my baby ambilobe panther?

Elih11

cham.jpg Hello all! New poster here, as the title suggests, I'm unaware of the sex of my baby panther and was hoping someone could help me out. I think it's a male but i'm not too sure :p. Anyone have any guesses? I can post more pics tomorrow morning if needed. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 198
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 207
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 220
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I am thinking male, but I have a Veiled, so they are really easy!(y) But the base of the tale seems pretty big.

Pics after morning feeding

Attachments

• cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 169
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 153
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 154
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 162
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 158
I'm going to say male.Reason being my boy tail was shaped just like that not to long ago and I was very concerned about him being a famale.I'm no expert but this is exactly how mine looked.

Well, i guess i expected people to say both but i didn't expect them to be even results LOL. I think it's a male, and the breeder says hes almost certain it's a male, 95% sure. Let me take some more pictures lol.

Hmm, i guess i'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the opinions! I'm happy with either, i'm just shooting for a male :D

Just to followup, not that anyone cares that is lol, she did end up being a female! I decided to keep her, and just pick up another male to go along with ;P. Here is a picture of her after her morning bask, getting ready to eat some silkworms. You can see the male in the back of the cage with her and also in my profilepic. I'm hoping for some beautiful babies! :)

Attachments

• yo.jpg
    yo.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 165
Just to followup, not that anyone cares that is lol, she did end up being a female! I decided to keep her, and just pick up another male to go along with ;P. Here is a picture of her after her morning bask, getting ready to eat some silkworms. You can see the male in the back of the cage with her and also in my profilepic. I'm hoping for some beautiful babies! :)
Are you keeping them in the same cage? I would absolutely advise against it. They do not do well housed together.

She is a cutie though and I'm glad you were finally able to figure out her sex.

At the moment, yes they are together in the same cage. Although they've been together their whole life, and they seem pretty decently content with each other for the time being, i'm already planning on setting up another XL so i can move them both to their own. Thanks!
Are you keeping them in the same cage? I would absolutely advise against it. They do not do well housed together.

I agree, I would recommend separating them as soon as possible. They might seem content but they certainly are not and it is causing unnecessary stress on both animals that you can't see. They will live much better lives being separate and only brought together for breeding.

Back
Top Bottom