Sex my Cham's?

Charmander

Well... after some research we are unsure as to what sex our veileds are... We were told that all of the below are male's, but after reading about the "spurs" on the hind feet we are lost. Help??

Cham #1:
Cham1-b.jpg

Cham1.jpg

Photo's of 2 & 3 to come!

Would it be normal for a female veiled, aprox. 2-3 months of age to be going to the bottom of the cage constanty. We were given #1 and #3 as a pair, both sexed as males. #1 seems to be EXTREMELY active and constantly running laps, while #3 is mellow and tends to like the bottom better. We checked #3 for any signs of bone weakness, but it seems "it" is healthy... help?

1st pic hard to tell but looks like female
2nd pic is for sure male
3rd pic is for sure female

:)

And another question... #3 is BLACK. VERY VERY dark in color... Should we be concerned? We were told "she" is a "baby" but probably twice the size of #1... After researching it seems as though we should be preparing somewhere for her to lay eggs, but this young??

Black is either gravid "with eggs" if so she needs a laying bin with sand, soil etc. or shes mad

And another question... #3 is BLACK. VERY VERY dark in color... Should we be concerned? We were told "she" is a "baby" but probably twice the size of #1... After researching it seems as though we should be preparing somewhere for her to lay eggs, but this young??

We were told about 3 months old, but I am unsure. We also thought she was too young, but she has been acting this way since we got her a few days ago.

You are housing them separately-correct? The second one I would say is at least 6 months old. Depending on care they received previously, they could be older than you think. I would put a laying bin in with the girls-better safe than sorry.

They had been housed together at a local pet store since they were "male babies" (evidetally that is a legitimate excuse?) until we received them the other day. Makes me nervous thinking they are older... I guess I need to research what to do after if/when she lays eggs!

Back
Top Bottom