Sex identification

Gardener

Good evening all.

I'm a new member months site and appreciate all the knowledge. Would someone be ae to aid us in identifying the sex on our Senegal chameleon. I'll post the clearest image first and you can offer any feedback. Thanks in advance to all for the advice.

Attachments

• Resized_20170406_144921.jpeg
    Resized_20170406_144921.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 111
I want to say male, but the only accurate way to tell with Senegals is by the bulge at the base of the tale. In the picture, I can see a little of something, but I'm not certain.

Thank you! Well say "he" is sleeping at the moment after a hard few days so it's best to let him rest. When able I'll forward more pics for the assessments. Thanks guys!

Thank you! Well say "he" is sleeping at the moment after a hard few days so it's best to let him rest. When able I'll forward more pics for the assessments. Thanks guys!
I'll bet. The first few days home are really rough....I've got two new additions over here and one is still transitioning. Lex is about 3 months, got him last week, he's doing great. Magic I rescued last night and he's only 2 months, fell asleep tonight at around 6. Poor babies get so tired.

Does anyone know if a Senegal would be very active and stressed during daylight hours attempting to leave the enclosure due to mating drive or something similar? His behavior is very contrary to how.he has behaved since January. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom