Setting up my enclosure/lights issue

The OP lives in Greece, so different stores. Reptile Basics is really good about having them in stock, too!
I am on the list to get notified about the stock returning for the light I want. Thanks, I didn't notice OP was in Greece. Makes complete sense.

Also I've already spent 600 euros on the setup and i still haven't bought the cham (and some other stuff i need), he will end up being the least expensive one from the whole thing! :p That's why i'm trying to make do with what i have, otherwise i would just get a new lamp
As I've recently stated elsewhere, the cost of the animal actually pales in comparison to the cost of correct husbandry. This is not a cheap endeavor but it's sooooo worth it.

As I've recently stated elsewhere, the cost of the animal actually pales in comparison to the cost of correct husbandry. This is not a cheap endeavor but it's sooooo worth it.
Yes! It’s so worth it indeed! And honestly if you want a chameleon at one point or another you need to spend a pretty hefty amount of money for the set up(plus vet bills) so you might as well do it from the beginning :p It took so much pressure off of me knowing that i started with everything i had to, without upgrading cage/changing lights etc because im so worried about his health anyway. I dont know whether my comment was clear, i just meant that wherever i can i would like to take advantage of the things i have already bought or own, for example i got branches from my plants and leaf litter for the isopods instead of buying them. I would definitely not cut corners in a way that would compromise my husbandry though!

Hello!
I'm in the process of building a bioactive enclosure for a male Veiled cham which i don't have yet.
I ordered already the arcadia T5HO pro kit (6%), but for now i bought an exo terra Solar Glo 125w (the pet store guy told me that its the best alternative since my terrarium is 90*45*90 cm). The only issue is that the temperature in the basking spot is too high, when i measure with a temp gun pointed on the leaf that is closer to the top it's usually 33-35C. I tried getting the lamp further away but it doesnt really make a difference. I don't want to fry the poor guy. Apart from that the ambient temps are on spot! If anyone has any idea on what to do or has had mercury vapor lamp please share your wisdom :)View attachment 293363
I use a 75 watt basking bulb with a dimmer switch which i love especially in the hot summer. I have seperate 24" T8 HO 5 for uvb\ uva. i set up horizontal basking branches set up at different levels. 12" directly under basking light 9" to the side for feeding and one at 9-10" under the uvb. My cham is showing what works for him and I am still making changes based on his needs. Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom