setting up a pothos in a reptibreeze

wixard

so ive got a reptibreeze and i also bought a pothos plant for the enclosure. and i just dont know how or where to put for the best coverage for the cameleon i will get in the future. sorry this is a bit vague but thanks to anyone who can help!

Up high would be best so that it grows down.
1653853146472-1770156755.jpg

We attached metal brackets to the Frame of my cage similar to the dragon strands on the top and sides. I bought a small hanging basket for my pothos and hang it off the top bracket in the corner and attached it with zip ties. It’s perfect because it’s right where the mister hits to water it and it has grown down over vines and across the cage

You could possibly put it at the bottom of the enclosure and hopefully your vine is long enough to wrap throughout the enclosure. You can also use zipties and a plastic cup of some sort and zip-tie it too the screen and place the plant in the cup then wrap throughout the enclosure, Hardest part is gonna be finding a perfect cup too use. - :)

I used a arge Mason jar and found lids on Amazon that had lids with a hanger attached, and used a small double ended hook, I also took a standard mason jar and tieed some twine around the ring then brought it up through the frame. I keep taking cuttings from my giant plants to make more little hanging planters. 20220608_052719.jpg 165468055199821645077201777412.jpg

I originally placed my pothos at top of enclosure but was getting scorched by the jungle dawn led plant light.
Since placing at the bottom of my reptibeeze it has improved considerably in terms of growth and health.
They really don't need much light whatsoever and being in shade of other plants seems to be working well for me getting long and multiple vine's 16546822021665111054848892693521.jpg

Last edited:
I used a arge Mason jar and found lids on Amazon that had lids with a hanger attached, and used a small double ended hook, I also took a standard mason jar and tieed some twine around the ring then brought it up through the frame. I keep taking cuttings from my giant plants to make more little hanging planters.View attachment 325308

Mason jars got alot of weight. Not something I would hang from screen. There are plenty of ways to mount plants in cage just have to read through forum.

You don't want to put weight on screen. You want to transfer weight to frame. I looked at pictures of dragon ledges and made my own alot of different ways to do it and this is the best place to get help :)

You can frame up the corners with larger branches that go down to the bottom, put a cross beam across the top and attach a pretty hanging pot for your pothos.

For pots lower down you can also buy or use some old plastic adhesive hooks to hang the long vines on the sides as they grow, but don't use the adhesive. Drill tiny holes in the hook base and tie them in with some fine floral wire or fishing line. Just make sure the hooks aren't very sharp, there are no wire ends pointing into the cage, and no little loops and holes in the hooks and wire to snag chameleon toes or tails.

My guy is a bark biter, so we had to power wash the bark off the branches.

IMG_20220608_135240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom